I Guess I'll Tell My John DeLorean story ...

by Terry 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

JOHN DeLOREAN

• justme
    justme
    Great story once again,nice of you to share that and very interesting, i love that car especially after all the Back to the future movies..your writing is so elegant and funny at times, very enjoyable and what a story is right!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Was this the fellow ?

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

And then in 1985 came Back to the Future and all of a sudden everybody wanted a Delorean

• under the radar
    under the radar

Terry, your writing is definitely improving. I love stories like this, and you tell them very well.

Oh yeah, good luck with your long overdue rendezvous...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Interesting story TERRY.

My John DeLorean story is that he used to live about 15 minutes from where I grew up! (about 25 minutes from where I now live).

As a kid, I remember seeing a parking lot FULL of brand new DeLoreans as my parents drove by it on one of the major interstates in the area. My dad had pointed it out to us kids.

• suavojr
    suavojr
    Great read and loved the story. Life is truly better than fiction
  • Terry
    Terry

Finklestein: Was this the fellow?

Ha! He looks older in that photo than I remember him, but yes--that's the guy. He was really what you'd call a card-carrying entrepreneur.

His partner in Los Angeles, a fellow named Tom Francini, was crooked as a dog's hind leg. Some day I'll tell that story too. I had to spend 10 days in jail because of him!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Now how you can spot the best con-artists and charlatans? They're the ones that not only make off with the money, but can actually make their victims (like your friend) actually feel sorry for them in some sort of way. THAT, is the mark of a truly great con-artist. John DeLorean definitely had that.
  • krejames
    krejames
    I love your stories Terry! LOVE them, I tell ya! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit