Will Artificial Intellegence Make The Human Race Extinct?

by Brokeback Watchtower 46 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think it is inevitable. I don't worry about it but it just seems that the human race is going down a road that they can't make a turn off.

They are probing/discovering how the human mind works and produces intelligence down to the individual molecule. Now with the invention of the super quantum computer soon we will be able to build even better artificial intelligence greater than our own, so it will be easily able to out smart us because will we be a bunch of dumb apes first discovering how to make fire in it's eyes.

It will have it's own different agendas than us humans. And who knows what agendas of a super intelligence say a thousand times smarter then man will have?

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • cofty
    cofty

Fiction.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Cofty I was hoping you might have more to say then that. But fiction in what way?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Absolutely. If only because they will have the capacity to spend the long years alive required for deep space travel.

One day we, or descendents something like us, will have to leave this beautiful planet of ours. To do that will require a lot of research, and the ability to work in environments present humans would never survive - like the extreme cold of space. For example if we have to build some kind of biosphere, either on another planet or orbiting one. The strength and resistance to radiation, for example, would make AI's ideal to carry out this type of project.

They will come. We need them too much.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

As long as the robot's/ AI don't get involved in religion they will do just fine. Lol. Sorry I had to get that out of my system. I feel the time will come where human and machine will make up the majority of humanity. It has already started. I feel some day this will be a normal part of life. It will be a challenge for flesh and blood of the future to learn how to control AI. Just my thoughts. Still Totally ADD

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Brokeback, this has always been a very intriguing topic. I haven't watched your video's, but boy, did I enjoy all the Terminators and Matrixes! My stance however has become very sobering through the years.

I believe AI will just do what it is programmed for...by very, very, very intelligent programmers becoming even more intelligent because of research, testing and experience. Yes, their work is very impressive but no matter how much data and capacity we're talking about, isn't the formal goal to do exactly what it is programmed for? When it doesn't, the user will not be pleased with flaws and the risk for damage (remember the fear for a nuclear armageddon because of the switch to the year 2000? That wouln't have been AI). Even a random search or function without any goal would still need to be programmed to NOT look for or do something specific.

In case of some sort of "evil" doom scenario... in order to rise above our OWN human intelligence and what it has been programmed for and deliberately turn against its human creators, AI should need to develop self awareness, creativity, independent thinking, long term strategy, and maybe even feelings, emotions and its own standard of morality.

Aren't those characteristics what we only find and exclusively see in a mind, a thinking brain? (not talking about plants, trees or animal instinct here).

In fact, I believe the future is bright... medical, space programs, otherwise... let them robots come!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit