Has anyone reached out to Mrs Remini by email .

by poopie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Just curious .
  • mrmagic
    mrmagic

She tweeted back at me once with a short two sentence reply

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

POOPIE:

If somebody is reaching out to Ms. Remini to give her well-wishes over her series, that's okay (if that's what you mean).

However...unless she was involved in the Jehovah's Witnesses, this is not HER fight. It is the fight of former Jehovah's Witnesses!

While it is true that there are similarities between the JW religion and her ex-religion, it isn't really her business to get involved.

While it would be nice to have a celebrity to speak up about what's wrong with the JWs, it's not her job to speak out against something unless she was involved in it, IMO.

• poopie
    poopie

Last I checked it was a free country who or what gives you the right to tell others how to think or feel while I respect your opinion you are not the boss of other people's minds you were taught well how to control others hmmm where did you get that?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

It would be nice to reach out to her to find out how she was able to do this. As LongHairGal, says it's the JW fight. If anyone did reach out to her...again, maybe she could give some information of how she got this on TV, since this is a high controlled religion as well.

I didn't see it but I know folks from that religion and they don't like JW's....and JW's don't cotton to them either....

Does anyone think there is a former or current JW that would stand up and tell their story?

Tor

• carla
    carla

I think it would be great if she did a series on cults! Start with jw's and have ex members, etc... then do more cults. She has a platform in place and it could help bring down the wt.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm not sure that people like her even could get into fighting other cults. She knows Scientology inside and out. She can't know JWs or anyone else to that level, nor would she have the same passion. I like to think that her show on one cult is a show on all cults though, as there are similarities that might help a person wake up.

She had a career in tv and I'm sure that helped a lot in not only getting this on tv but just getting noticed in the first place. Scientology has big names in it so people care. Few care about JWs.

Oh, and Poopie, LHG just stated her opinion and you got bent out of shape. That doesn't bode well for you in reaching out to others. She didn't try to control you, you're likely just incredibly susceptible to it. After all, you still go to meetings and are obsessed with the shunning doctrine, so the Watchtower has its hooks in you. Nobody here is trying to control you.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

You can listen to a pretty good interview with Leah talking about Scientology on the Adam Corolla podcast .

• schnell
    schnell
    She had a career in tv and I'm sure that helped a lot in not only getting this on tv but just getting noticed in the first place. Scientology has big names in it so people care. Few care about JWs.

There are more JW celebrities and celebrities favorable to JWs than ex-JW-now-apostate celebrities.

Seriously, you have one of the ladies who was on the View, and who else?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Seriously, you have one of the ladies who was on the View, and who else?

Donald Glover seems to use every chance he gets to bring up something negative about his JW upbringing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-NckB3CQ9o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit