Never Bring a Knife to a Drone Fight

by LoveUniHateExams 31 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Apparently, it's good news, everybody - Mohammed Emwazi (aka Jihadi John) has been targeted by a US drone strike. The location was in Raqqa, Syria, a few yards from ISIS HQ, near a clock tower where crucifixions are carried out.

There are conflicting reports, some say he died instantly at 11:40pm yesterday, others say that he was badly injured and taken to a nearby hospital.

From what I've previously read about Emwazi, he was apparently terrified of being targeted by drones - yesterday it seems his nightmare was made reality. Let's face it, he deserved it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/13/mohammed-emwazi-targeted-in-us-airstrike-live-updates-jihadi-john

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well i hope he lived and regained consciousness long enough to realise he'd lost limbs and most of his face, then died a screaming horrific death over several long hours without any pain killers.

Here's hoping....

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    He was really asking for it.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Witness My Fury, you live up to your name.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I don't believe in hell but still I'll say it, Burn in hell @$$hole!!

glad another human monster is off the face of this earth.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

This guy actually believed he could spit in the face of the ENTIRE U.S. intelligence community and get away with it.

He was just asking for it.

A famous boxer now retired used to say to his opponents, "one thing is to call out the devil, another matter is facing him."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As glad as I am that this evil nutjob got what was coming to him, sadly there are thousands of equally mental nutjobs waiting in the wings to take his place.

The problem of radical Islam getting to any point of reconciliation with progressive, humanist values requires a sea change in attitude aside from a large political change. It will never be solved through military means.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

sadly there are thousands of equally mental nutjobs waiting in the wings to take his place - unfortunately, you're probably right, konceptual99. And they might not have mental illness - they might be perfectly sane.

Thank goodness the West has drone technology. Done correctly, and fired away from civilians as much as practicably possible, drones seem to be an excellent way of taking out dangerous people.

It will never be solved through military means - correct, but military means still has a role to play. Emwazi can't torture or kill anyone else. Hopefully, it will also send a message to wannabe jihadi lunatics: become the next Jihadi John and you'll be squashed like a bug.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@luhe

Correct - they might might be perfectly sane just completely indoctrinated. The use of the term "mental" is relative. Anyone who is prepared to cut off the head of an aid worker just because of political and religious ideals is mental even if they don't have a medically definable mental illness.

I'm not questioning the principle of a military role, just that the solution has to be a complete change in attitude of the majority of people. The end of the troubles in Northern Ireland was essentially because the majority of people got tired of living in an urban war zone. Their ideals were trumped by their desire to have a normal life and the moderate voices started to outweigh the extremists.

The Israel/Palestinian issue and the West/extreme Islam conflicts are no where near this tipping point but will be one day I hope. The other problem is that all the wannabe jihadi lunatics are only too pleased to be squashed like a bug. Take away an afterlife full of virgins and then see how many of them want to blow themselves up...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder if the drone had a live video link of the strike ? i'm sure a lot of people would like to watch it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit