Kingdom Ministries - The Jig is Up!

by Stephanus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Yes, a real shame that this service to the brothers has to stop. If the KMs are just shown 'as is' without any commentry I can't possibly see what would upset the Witnesses. Complaining about copyright is just a technicality, they know that they incriminate themselves by their own words which is why they don't want the light shining on their pathetic publications.

Anyway, it was me that provided Stephanus with the KM scans. If anyone else wants to take up the fight and host them send me a message.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Bummer. Thanks for keeping up with it for so long, though, Stephanus.

Nina

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hmmm, Stephanus forwarded me the email from the a**hole that instigated the ban, someone at @witnesses-online.org ...sounds like a sinister Society hit squad out to clean up the web of incriminating evidence.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Can you move to another host?

There is also the posibility of creating mirrors by FTPing the pages to other people's web sites, and on your web site you can simply provide hyperlinks to the copies.

The more you spread this out over the internet, the harder it will be for anyone to stop it.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I had another thought (amazing, I know) that this is yet another way of the Society's battening down of the hatches and pulling in the rug so no one outside of the Borg knows what's going on inside. I remember when my dad was disfellowshipped I would give him copies of the KMs and the elders came down on him real hard because he wasn't supposed to even have a copy of it when he was DF'd. Things like this just creep me out because it reminds me of all the cults that ended in tragedy, like Jim Jones' Kool Aid party. Before I left I was seeing more and more tendencies in that direction -- the secrecy was getting out of hand.

Nina

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Can you get a host in like Indonesia or some country that doesn't care?

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Stephanus,

we are...deeply sorry for the loss of such valuable information,

coming directly from " God's visible channel and spirit direct

organization..."!

May Elsewhere has a brilliant suggestion:

"There is also the posibility of creating mirrors by

FTPing the pages to other people's web sites, and

on your web site you can simply provide hyperlinks to the copies."

Thanks for the effort!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

The host site obviously isn't up on copyright laws. We ran into a similar problem with our gay site on GeoCities several years back. We posted a picture from one of the books. One of the Society's attorneys contacted GeoCities in a threatening manner. He knew he didn't have a legal right: Copyright laws protect material from being used for monetary gains. You can copy material for educational purposes. However, GeoCities caved in. Since we've never made a penny from the web site, obviously we were not getting any material gain from the picture.

GeoCities shut us down for a while. They subsequently reopened it. In the meantime, our webmaster purchased a domain for our own use so we would no longer be subject to the WTBTS threats and we withdrew from GeoCities..

John W. Wirtanen

www.gayxjw.org

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello JWinSF,

thanks for the story and the very interesting informations

concernin the copyright laws.

I do like this part:

"He knew he didn't have a legal right:

Copyright laws protect material from

being used for monetary gains.

You can copy material for educational purposes".

Excellent, it will come useful.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Watchtower Observer has had scans of KMs up for quite a while. I just read the Oct 2001 KM over there. It's a matter of where they actually reside, how you link to them, and how much **** your ISP is willing to put up with when they know their rights.

There's unfortunately, more to the copyright laws than just protecting the original owner from losing money. That's only one aspect. Maybe you could try a thumbnail that isn't quite readable, and then use either retyped quotations or readable scans of only the specific areas of text you are commenting (for the education of all those interested) If you need very large blocks of quotes, you may need to do a lot more work with interspersed commentary as evidence that you actually needed more of the context to make your points.

There is at least one pro-JW site where JWs have claimed that apostates/opposers have misquoted publications on their sites. If someone could find where the Watchtower publications have made such a statement, then I believe they have just created the need for "opposers" to produce the entire context "for educational purposes."

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit