My Anniversary (JWD)

by Nikita 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nikita
    Nikita

Well, I can hardly believe it-one whole year since I started posting. I've laughed, I've cried, I've gotten angry and bitten my tongue (and sometimes not!) I came here after my brother, (formerly"Mr. Biggs") Funchback contacted me and told me he had no longer believed in what the JW's taught. Imagine my surprise!

I have really enjoyed this forum and although I don't contribute much, I feel a bond here with others who know all about & empathize with that "JW baggage" I carry around. Thank you to all of you!

Here is one of my faveorite topics, started by Ballistic in August 2002 entitled "Tell me what you did at the doors?" I laughed so hard I cried! Here is an excerpt contributed by LDH:

My sister and I were working an apartment complex for the elderly. Almost no one answered, so we were delighted when an elderly lady opened the door and let my sister get more than two words out!

She launched into her Rev. 21:3,4 presentation, and then pulled out the Live Forever book! The presentation was going amazingly well, she was even having her first "Bible Study" with the lady right then! (Anyone remember how to have an impromptu study by reading the first paragraph and then asking the question?) The person didn't even know they were being "studied" with, heh heh heh.

Anyhow, about ten minutes into the whole thing, I noticed my sister leaning toward the old lady in a precarious position! I thought she was doing it to make sure the lady heard her. Then,my sister fainted dead away. RIGHT ON TOP OF THE LITTLE OLD LADY. The weight of my sister collapsed the old woman into the corner, and the old woman began screaming at the top of her lungs! she began "fighting" my sister with all her might (not that much, she weighed about 1 pound, LOL).

I tried to pull my sister off the lady (almost impossible in winter boots/coats) and then she came to. She struggled to her feet with my assistance (OLD LADY STILL SCREAMING) and then bolted out the door past me! I looked on in utter bewilderment as she ran out onto the sidewalk, spun around and collapsed again!

The mayhem was unbelievable! The "car captain" had seen her run out and collapse, and he thought she had been shot. I was struggling to help the old lady to her feet, and my sister was laid out on the sidewalk.

The old lady pressed her button necklace ("I've fallen and can't get up!") and screamed "Help me, I'm being attacked!!!" I asked, "I'm so sorry, but I need to use your phone! I've got to call the ambulance!" This sweetheart actually let me in her house to call 911. My sister came to at some point and struggled back inside, she thought she was going to vomit.

I'm on the phone with 911, my sister has barricaded herself into the bathroom, the car captain is scared shitless, and the old lady is standing in the middle of her living roon, almost having soiled herself with all the excitement. Add to all this excitement an ambulance crew, and you might be laughing as hard as I am.

The end result was, my sister passed out because she had been so busy cleaning houses, field service, and meetings that she literally hadn't eaten in two days. I asked her, didn't she feel it coming on?

She said, "Yes, but I was so excited someone was listening I just tried to carry on!"

Isn't that hysterical?

LMAO,

Lisa

Have a great day and thanks to Simon and Ang for making this meeting place possible and to all of you who make this place!

Leslie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Happy Anniversary Nikita!

By the way thanks for resurrecting that gem...I missed that one, that was funny!

• Nikita
    Nikita

Thanks Joanna!!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Happy 1st Anniversary Nikita!

Thanks for that gem, I laughed my head off!

Where's funchback gotten too anyways?

Brummie

• Nikita
    Nikita

Hey Brummie! Thanks!! Did you get to peruse some of the other gems in there?

Funchback has been around but I think he's busy with a new job.

Niki

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NIKITA!!

Close your eyes when you blow out the candle and make a wish.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Nikita, I have a few months to go to catch up with ya!

I've laughed, I've cried,

Oh how true. I'm still going through a lot of that, more than I thought I would be.

It's almost all good, except for the

I've gotten angry and bitten my tongue

Yeah, some of that too. But that's life, eh? I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anniversary Congrats!

Craig

• greven
    greven

Congrats Girl!

Greven

• Nikita
    Nikita

Big Tex, umm, loved the cake! Thanks!

Onacruse & Greven-Thanks!

• Angharad
    Angharad