Self-isolating JW's will at least get a taste of what disfellowshipping is like..

by mikronboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

Humans are basically social animals. See most any isolated mammal, whether in a zoo or even an outcast of its pride and you'll see one mentally disturbed creature. Maybe, after this pandemic has faded and humans are able to interact once more, some JW's might think twice before being so quick to shun. Maybe.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Having experienced both, indeed disfellowshipping multiple times, I would say that isolation is nothing like as harrowing. You at least are able to communicate to your loved ones and although self-isolation is horrible you know it is a positive thing, has a limited span and is not a punishment.

• Alive!
    Alive!

They won’t change.

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

This has nothing on disfellowshipping. That said, I'm sure JW's find it difficult. For me, it's normal. But now I'm a seasoned self isolator.😀

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Self isolating is healthy under the current circumstances. Df'ing is never healthy under any circumstances!

just saying!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Because so many are using Zoom, they are more connected now than they were before.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Excuse my ignorance here ,but how does zoom differentiate from skype ? zoom is only something I`ve heard about recently and i have no clue .

• Simon
    Simon

Just a different video-conferencing brand / product: think coke vs pepsi, both are carbonated colas

There's also Google Meet

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Just made a comment on another thread before I saw this. Yes, for all practical reasons JW's have disfellowshipped each other, at the instructions of the branch. They take very seriously the instruction not to go to anyone's homes.

• newsheep
    newsheep

We're in Ontario and wonder why do they even have a service meeting when they don't even go out in service. Plus every Saturday afternoon they have to listen to a bethel speaker plus their Sunday talk and watchtower and also the ministry school on Tuesday evening. For every meeting they have to give a thumbs up to their elder that they will be attending their meeting so phones are buzzing which is pissing them off. The org is really keeping a tight grip on their followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit