Bible study

by GregT 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GregT
    GregT

I used to attend the meetings and was baptized about 30 years ago but I haven't gone to the meetings or associated with any one I new from the congregation for around 15 - 20 years. I want to get back to studying but I am not ready to go to any meetings. Other than the watchtower and awake what book is used these days for people just starting to study with Jehovah's Witnesses?

• carla
    carla

look for one by Ray Franz-

Crisis of Conscience

• a watcher
    a watcher

"Enjoy Life Forever". An interactive Bible Course. Brochure/Book.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ GregT - Welcome to the forum.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

welcome here. It looks like you really have been long gone.

There is no Awake! magazine any more .There are no midweek group book studies any more. There are very few new watchtower magazines printed now. Many kingdom halls have been sold off--the money goes to "the society"

Very little door to door work is done--and the witnesses no longer have to report any hours spent..

In so many ways its easier than ever to be a JW.

One cant help feeling the watchtower as a religion is dying.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    There is no Awake! magazine any more .There are no midweek group book studies any more. There are very few new watchtower magazines printed now. Many kingdom halls have been sold off--the money goes to "the society"
    Very little door to door work is done--and the witnesses no longer have to report any hours spent..
    In so many ways its easier than ever to be a JW.
    One cant help feeling the watchtower as a religion is dying.

Yes it is much easier these days. I don’t think watchtower is dying more like evolving.

They hired a PR company and are implementing their suggestions. One of the largest things used to wake people up was how Jehovah was going to slaughter 8 billion people at Armageddon. The new light now says many unrighteous ones will survive so they can say that anymore.

I can see this morphing even more into more like the Christadelphians who think the judgment will take place during the thousand year reign, not before.

This pretty much everyone survives Armageddon

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I don’t think watchtower is dying more like evolving.

ha ha--an excellent play on words.

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

somthing bad must be happening to the watchtower these days because as they are not publishing 70 million magazines a month now where is all the money going that would have paid for the magazines

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

This is a non witness anti witness forum. You can contact the hall but be aware they will want you to attend

• a watcher
    a watcher

Bible students don't have to attend meetings unless they want to be baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit