Impact of GDPR on WT HQ and EU branches?

by respectful_observer 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Hey SillyGirl,

I know there’s a program that many secretaries use in Spain and the UK called “Hourglass” and it stores ALL the publishers info (private details) on the developer’s server in the USA. It is designed and maintained by JWs but goes against all UK, Spanish and soon to be European Data Protection laws.

I know of a number of JWs who have expressed concern to their elders about this only to be told “the Data is secure”.

https://app.hourglass-app.com/login

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

(In the US) my banks and credit card companies all send an annual "policy" letter on privacy and their "use" of a person's data/information. I would expect the WTS to do this annually in the CLAM paper (no idea what it is called now that replaces the KM) in any branch area that is affected by this law.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Thanks for mentioning the 'hourglass' program AverageJoe1. That was an interesting rabbithole to followup on. It seems that there all kinds of JW apps available. Who would have thought it possible?

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

Thanks AverageJoe :)

Data that belongs to a European subject held in the US is a high gdpr focus point - highlighting differences between policies in the two continents.

I hope I haven’t gotten ahead of myself in predicting doom for the borg légales. Time will tell what comes of this regulation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit