The "Hate Crime" mob stirring things up again!

by The Fall Guy 20 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Staff in a takeaway were offended by two lesbians' full-on kissing and expressed their opinion about the behaviour. The lesbians complained to police that a "hate crime" was committed.

Homosexual or heterosexual - do it in private, it's not a spectator sport or a public statement.

Minority groups can invoke police action if they are "offended," but society in general cannot do likewise.

Why has "being offended" been turned into a hate crime in the UK? Who is pushing this agenda?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-49497387

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why has "being offended" been turned into a hate crime in the UK?

Playing the victim means that the tail can wag the dog. Calling names like 'racist' and 'sexist' shuts the conversation down. It keeps us all in fear. Free speech and vocal opinion has gone. We have landed the UK in a fascist mind-set.

Who is pushing this agenda?

The lefty virtue signalling cry babies. The victim generation. They know they can make themselves feel good by their accusations.

Minority groups can invoke police action if they are "offended," but society in general cannot do likewise.

I'm all for equality and peace but the left has used the victim culture to shut down meaningful dialogue. I wouldn't mind if it was a level playing field but it isn't.

I'm not sure what their end goal is. Watch out world, the lefty fascists are shutting everyone down.

I hope they enjoy their 'safe space'.

I'm not even going to give my opinion on the actual cited article. It's all out of control. What was once a good thing has turned into an ugly monster. (no offence meant to monsters ) May the 'dislikes' cascade.

Don't get me started on equity vs: merit.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Anybody can invoke police action. It's up to the police to determine if action is warranted.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Anybody can invoke police action. It's up to the police to determine if action is warranted - but minorities and all hate crime incidents are a special case. If someone alleges racism, homophobia or sexism then police MUST follow it up.

That's kinda what this OP is touching upon: super-special members of minorities are treated super-special.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    luhe - That's kinda what this OP is touching upon: super-special members of minorities are treated super-special.

I wonder what what would happen if I as a straight white (ish), male, rang the rozzers and reported (insert a minority group), for being racist or sexist..........................

...........any guesses?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

In todays day n age the victim is made the criminal , who is dragged through mud , hell n back. People know how to misuse /abuse freedom. people believe in "I have all my rights to defend my rights, but while doing so I will conveniently walk all over your rights".

Some people feel threatened if anything is different then what’s in their own “belief bubble”...

Heaven forbid if there is more than one perspective on a issue ...I will stomp on you until you accept mine ...

Bottom line... pride .. bullying ... insecurity.. sick

I think insecurities. Pure and simple.

If one is secure, he is comfortable with himself, and others.

Something definitely needs to change.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

The other day I read a news where this couple got into a fight with the staff of a food vendor (dont know what the proper word is) just coz they had run out of chicken sandwiches! they were throwing whatever they could get their hands on, at the staff over the counter. Unbelieveable. We are still evolving !!! For the worse; at least some of us are!

Zing

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

what would happen if I as a straight white (ish), male, rang the rozzers and reported (insert a minority group), for being racist or sexist - you would probably get charged for wasting police time. They might take a closer look at your finances, your social media comments, etc., anything to try and get something on you.

Here's another question: what would happen if a member of one minority group goes to the police with allegations of racism or sexism against a member of another minority group?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"Staff in a takeaway were offended by two lesbians' full-on kissing and expressed their opinion about the behaviour."

Where was I when this was going on??

• Simon
    Simon

There is no such thing as a "hate crime", there is just poorly conceived and unnecessary legislation.

There is crime, and that should be treated equally based on the offence committed, not hyped-up based on the identity of the victim or the offender.

It's got to the point that no crime is necessary to declare that a crime has been committed, only someone's offence is required. Little surprise that this leads to abuse of the legal system because people are manipulative shits yes, even minorities and "the alphabet people" (ha, watch Dave Chappelle on Netflix)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit