Milton Henschel dies

by Dogpatch 31 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

oh deary me .. %$#@&^! double posted again ... tsk tsk unclebruce what fat fingers you have!

edit .. delete ... edit add : Hey Farkel .. lick me

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Brother Adams is already in charge of the family Refiner (but he ain't no secret agent

unclebruce of KAOS HQ

• Makena1
    Makena1

Bornfree wrote: I just talked to a JW friend of mine who said that there is a memorial she's going to this weekend, but did not mention details

This has been done before - an invitation only (usually for those baptized 15+ years) to hear a memorial service via phone tie in for a deceased GB member. Went to one at the Valley Assembly hall in Woodland Hills, CA back in the 70's, but cannot recall who it was for.

Pretty soon - no annointed GB members will be left to "inspire" the faithful. Will the given ones be up to the task?

Mak

being a bit facetious

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Makena1 asks : "Pretty soon - no annointed GB members will be left to "inspire" the faithful. Will the given ones be up to the task? "

The Watchtower is on auto-pilot Makena. (it'll all be run by a computer in the basement soon

I skimmed through one of the latest WBTS 'soft cock cover' books at the weekend and i gotta say they just get blander and slicker as the old cult system drones on.

cheers, unclebruce

ps: I have just been appointed to a board - corporations are a lot easier to manage than people think .. pass me another sandwich Harry

• manon
    manon

I wonder if during this sundays meeting every kingdom hall on the planet will pause for a moment of silence in remembrance of royalty.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL at manon ..

"I wonder if during this sundays meeting every kingdom hall on the planet will pause for a moment of silence in remembrance of royalty."
    You heard the news here first manon. Your average Drone still thinks Fred Franz is at the helm. Or are my relatives thicker than most unclebruce

• crownboy
    crownboy

Well, death is never a happy occasion, and I hope his family and friends are doing well in their time of grief (no doubt comforted by their belief that he is up in heaven with the other 137,000 ish members of Christ harem. ). However, as others have pointed out, it is quite unfortunate that he was in a position to help effect change in the Org., but either had bought into the BS for real, or was too afraid to speak out (Ray Franz's books seem to indicate it was more of the former). Of course, it's more than reasonable to expect him to be held responsible for alot of what has happened in the Org., since he was a guy who was around since the days of Rutherford, and had been in high ranking positions for many of those years, but I also feel somewhat sorry for him, since I feel he is also a victim on some level, though obviously not to the extent as others as ignorant as us. He probably managed to rationalize alot of what happened in the Org. to an extent where he could live with himself, as well as flat out genuinely agree with alot of the misguided policies. 63 years that could have been used doing so many positive things, even non spectacular stuff like having a family, wasted on an organization that has been of no useful purpose to mankind (except for a couple of case law precidents in US courts, possibly). Maybe the passing of an old guard guy may be the beginning of something new and positive, but then again....

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey, now that ol' Milt is an official member of Christ's bride, do you think The King likes to "break in" the new brides on the first night in heaven? Wouldn't ol' Milt be surprised at that!!!!

Pope

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Hey, now that ol' Milt is an official member of Christ's bride, do you think The King likes to "break in" the new brides on the first night in heaven? Wouldn't ol' Milt be surprised at that!!!!

I would like to think that Milty went up to Heaven and met Christ all bright and bushy tailed and so happy to get his prize, and Jesus sent him to Taliban Hell, with Al Quaeda back up when the Taliban got tired of messing with him.

Then again, I have an active imagination. I therefore think that the last event in Milty's topside existence was when that dirt shovel covered up his evil face.

May he rot in the same kind of dead-world he helped create for living people.

Farkel

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hey Farkers, speaking of Taliban, do you know where Osama Bin Laden keeps his CD's?

In a rack!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit