Joined a church, now im getting love bombed.

by greenhornet 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

About a year ago I started going to a local christain church. They were good to me. I missed the the Jw type of always find some one to hang around with. However they want me to come to all there group meetings and have a bible study and more and more. Then they wanted me to attend a new cong. In a school very close to me. (they rent an area in the school)

Of course all schools in the USA are GFZ so I will never go on the school grounds. This makes it very hard for me to explain my stance of not going to any school. (middle school). They are getting to show up at my place and calling me why they miss me and they are reminding me of JW and how they behave . Is this normal for church groups to do this ? Or am I over reacting because of leaving JWs 25 years ago?

• Biahi
    Biahi

What is GFZ?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

What is GFZ?

Gun Free Zone?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    What is GFZ?

S'what I woz wonderin'...

Governing-body free zones?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Gun free zone

• steve2
    steve2

Sometimes it can take a little while longer than usual to grow up and take responsibility for your own life direction rather than turning to others to do that for you.

You remind me of someone who copes with divorce by getting yourself a new spouse then realising the same old patterns of behaviour keep repeating. Spend some time by yourself or at least with people who are not religious and who have their own hoops they want you to jump through.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Every pastor make's a living by contributing members and so he may have a thing going on with his faithful members to be welcoming to new members and don't let them get away. I guess it is just part of the price you have to pay(chalk it up to experience, that's the way I look at it) for seeking fellowship from paying believers. They mean good for Christ(pastor, WT corporation or who ever speaks the words that gets you obeying&contributing).

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Of course all schools in the USA are GFZ

It would've just taken you ten seconds more to type out gun free zone, just one of the few things that set me off when people abbreviate things like the everybody is supposed to know, especially with health/medical referrals to sickness or some kind of meds or therapy, . . .oh well, that's my rant for the day. . . moving on . .

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Of course all schools in the USA are GFZ so I will never go on the school grounds.

Why can't you go into a GFZ - are you always packin'?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Yes I am "packin" just as over 3 million americans. Most of the worst crimes are commited in GFZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit