one thing about all these pedophiles cases i cant understand is..

by nowwhat? 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Were all these parents of the victims brain dead or that indoctrinated?

Image result for Yes

• steve2
    steve2

Actually, the notion of parents reporting sexual abuse to the authorities is relatively recent - and I'm talking about parents in general - not just in the organization.

Awareness of sexual abuse has increased enormously in recent decades - and now it is a no-brainer: Report it to the police.

BTW, in saying this I am not letting JW organization off the hook because it has shown itself to have its policies and practices planted firmly in the past when there was not the level of awareness we have today.

• notalone
    notalone

As a parent of one molested in the congregation this is what we did. 1. get counseling 2. inform the elders, but not formally. 3. carefully inform friends and those with children to exercise caution. 4. When she was ready, go to the police ( this can be very traumatic and we wanted to ready to face it) 5. formally go to elders

6. elders tell you to forgive and sit in hall with molester.7 receive death threats 8. get restraining order 9. told if you pursue your implied invitation to attend hall will be revoked. 10 pursue 11 elders harass 12 send elders cease and desist letters for not following court order 13 can't disfellowship us but they go around telling others to view us that way 14. find out we do have a few real friends 15 find this site 16 personal research 17.TTATT 18 freedom

• LV101
    LV101

What steve2 says is right on about parents not reporting to authorities. I don't think most of them cared - at least from what victims have related to me. Yet according to the Bible a child is to love, honor and respect these egg/sperm donors who don't love and protect them.

I'd like to know how many elders have walked away from their imagined power position in the cult to report to the police what's going on - bet it's very few. I know of one elder here that resigned and stopped going to meetings -- he and his wife.

The abuse of children - Jesus' words about hurting a child means nothing to religious leaders or at least the JW cult puppets.

• Landy
    Landy
    6. elders tell you to forgive and sit in hall with molester.7 receive death threats 8. get restraining order 9. told if you pursue your implied invitation to attend hall will be revoked. 10 pursue 11 elders harass 12 send elders cease and desist letters for not following court order 13 can't disfellowship us but they go around telling others to view us that way 14. find out we do have a few real friends 15 find this site 16 personal research 17.TTATT 18 freedom

That is unreal. Hope your child came through it ok

• notalone
    notalone

We now can work on healing and are choosing to be around people who encourage healthy thought patterns, one of the reasons I come here.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

As a parent that has been in that situation I'll tell you that your natural reactions are muffled the moment you make that call to the elders...which by the way, you will. It's what you've been taught it's what has been ingrained in your mind over and over again.

While we went against the grain and called the police first being the rebels we were (I guess) the moment the elders came into the picture we immediately knew we did the wrong thing, maybe not in words as much as in actions.

I will honestly admit shamefully at that point that I felt extremely guilty for doing the right thing. I knew at that moment I was choosing my child over my religion and I knew what that would lead to. It really was two deaths at the same time! Death of my child's innocence and death of my faith in the religion I had spent most of my life in.

The pain, tears, stress, and fight has been completely overwhelming at times, while I would never change the choices we made I can't judge those who didn't have the fight in them. It's hard to understand if you've never been in such a horrible situation.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

As someone who has been on the receiving end of violent sexual abuse at the hands of Jehovah's pedophile, I saw how adults routinely ignored me when I pleaded for help. Despite being told to shut up, I never stopped talking about it and was subsequently "marked" until I left at 21. Many adults knew, as not only were they told by the Incubator (woman who gave birth to me), but also by me begging for help. Entire congregation knew and the neighboring congregations had elders and people in there that knew. They didn't care to help, but sure did care to gossip and use it as conversation pieces amongst themselves. There was even one elder who took a special interest in me, by calling one-man judicial committees with the incubator & the step-person (her husband). He would relentlessly hound me about associating with "worldly" kids as he told them he wanted to keep the congregation clean, all the while KNOWING I was being violently sexually abused. He wasn't even in our congregation! After he had these meetings with the incubator and step-pedophile, they'd come home angry, and the step would beat me with his fists and metal part of belt buckle, quoting the scriptures fed to him by this elder. I think he was wanting to groom the situation and take advantage of it for his own narcissistic gratifications.

I think he was wanting to groom the situation and take advantage of it for his own depraved narcissistic gratifications. Up to this day he helps cover up several other child sex abuse cases within his congregation.

So it's interesting to see adults now try to deflect blame. Watchtower wants to deflect and say it's the individual elders and congregation members/parents who are responsible. They in turn want to blame mamma-org.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Were all these parents of the victims brain dead or that indoctrinated?

Since these unfortunate occurrences happened with known and associated JWS that is reason why the parents went to the elders of the congregation for investigation rather than the local police authorities.

Being that JWS are indoctrinated to uphold the sanctity and righteousness of the organization, this why there has been a long standing purposeful endeavor to hide these deplorable acts from the outside general public's eyes.

The other point of danger and irresponsibility occurs when the elders put forth the influencing suggestion to not report the matter to the law authorities and just let situation rest with Jehovah. Many times these perpetrators flee the area only to put more children at risk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit