one thing about all these pedophiles cases i cant understand is..

by nowwhat? 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As a parent, if it was my kid I would go straight to the police and or beat the living shit out of the perpetrator. Were all these parents of the victims brain dead or that indoctrinated?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yeah but you're too proud to wait for Jehovah too. And you would probably talk back at elders wouldn't you?

Pff the mindset of apostates is what is driving them to disregard authority. Hence their destruction in Armageddon awaits them.

• NikL
    NikL

You and me both nowwhat?.

However, the witnesses are specifically told not to involve police because "it would bring reproach on gods organization".

My wife and I were foster parents back in the 80s and we ended up with a couple of physically abused witness kids. We saw it first hand.

My wife witnesses sexual abuse of a friend of hers when she was a little girl and NOTHING ever came of it even though she told her parents. The elders were involved but that's as far as she knows. She was only 10 or so.

So, in answer to your question, indoctrination to the point that your brain dies making you brain dead.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nowadays the elders are told not to prevent parents reporting it, if they chose to do so........but I wonder what emphasis is put on using "Jehovah's means of sorting it out" , i.e. the congregation. ?

These people seem to think that if the abuser is d/f'd that is the end of the story, never mind that he is free to abuse other victims in the community and can be back in the cong. after a year or two....

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Nowwhat,

Never a JW and never in a KH, I have to totally agree with you. I know the case I assisted with was my girlfriend's husband for abusing his kids and I wanted to personally strangle the man with my bare hands but knew I would end up prison for murder leaving my kids without their mother.

BUT, then I have watched so many of these JC's and listened to these Elders and actually don't even think they have a clue what reality is all about. I think about the bunker video, then the upcoming ARC in March, the advertisement from the law firms -- do you think any of the current Elders have connected the dots that they may be put under the bus in very short order by the WT. Elders who have made it to this forum have woke up and seen the lies but how many are still wearing those blindfolds.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOWWHAT?

Yes, they are brain-dead and indoctrinated to have NOT gone to the police first, even if they held back from teaching the perpetrator a lesson.

ANDERS ANDERSON:

You talk about "authority"? Who gave these men authority?? Nobody..... They gave it to themselves!!! Well, many do not accept their ASSERTION of authority!!..They wish. According to your logic maybe hundreds of years should pass before "Jehovah" steps in. What a sick religion.

BLUES BROTHER:

You are correct because the religion's desire to not see these men prosecuted puts ALL children everywhere at risk. What happens when a perpetrator gets a job working around children somewhere??

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@LongHairGal,

Don't take my comment at face value ;-)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANDERS ANDERSEN:

Sorry, I thought you were being serious.

But, there are some Witnesses who believe this exactly. That nobody should report anybody to the police or else they are going against "Jehovah". That would make it sound as if he would rather children suffer. I always felt that the sovereign of the universe doesn't need to worry about bad publicity and, in fact, it should be said that he will not tolerate such things and that evildoers be removed from the congregation.

Of course, this is a fantasy and the way it SHOULD be but is not, unfortunately.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

As a parent, if it was my kid I would go straight to the police and or beat the living shit out of the perpetrator. Were all these parents of the victims brain dead or that indoctrinated?

I understand that as parents people must want the well being of their children to come first. In the particular case of the WT cult, those parents are conditioned to not question their authority, also mislead to believe that the elders and the WT itself are properly capable and prepared to deal with those situations. Additionally, they are to blindly trust everything and anything they say, including letting their own children die over a blood transfusion issue. This is not the only cult that has to deal with sexual abuse of children and parent being unwilling or unable to properly deal with the cult leadership stance and actions over it. In fact, the WT is by far not the worse when it comes to this type of situations.

Then, there are the other things to consider when you factor out the WT and their negative influence. It is well documented that there are a rather large number of parents who don't believe and/or don't provide support to their children when they express that they have been sexually abused. According to experts, the most common reasons for that happening have to do with the parents' fears of them being held responsible, along with a whole lot of other reasons, most of them around the parents caring more for them as individuals before thinking of them as parents.

Remember, perpetrators normally are people who are close to the family, sometimes they are family members. Also, in the case of the WT and other cults, the perpetrators are (or are perceived as) people with a degree of power over the parents. There can be repercussions in the community where they belong.

Speaking of repercussions, some parents prefer to cover it up to save appearances. They figure that the "shame" and labeling their child as "molested" will carry a social burden for the rest of their lives and they figure it's better if that doesn't come up to light.

As you can see, it first glance it seems like a no-brainer to have a person arrested and a child protected, but in reality there are other factors (real or perceived) that can make parents think twice before taking actions. I'm not saying that that's good or bad, it's just how it is.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Both. Brain dead is the result of indoctrination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit