Jon Bernthal coming back to the walking dead as shane

by Diogenesister 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Hollywood reporter has photos of Jon Bernthal on set of the walking dead and has confirmed he's gonna reprise his role as Shane.

Considering they killed Shane off that's gonna be hard...what do you think they are planning to do? Maybe a fever dream by Rick in his dying moments?

Hey, what if Ricks always been Shane

Rick died in the field and Shane has been living as Rick mentally 😂😂😂

:-)) :-)) :-))

• Simon
    Simon

That show jumped the shark, we stopped watching it. They totally killed it by making it too brutal for shock factor and making the plotline unbelievable (I know it's fantasy, but you have to have characters behave in some rational and believable manner).

Sounds like they are now clutching at straws to regain viewers but I think it's done.

• blownaway
    blownaway

The last season end where they win over the saviors but now there is a rift with Maggie and Rick is going off the rails.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Fyi for those who didn't know, Rick (Andrew Lincoln) is only going to be in 6 episodes this year then he's done with the show

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

As is Maggie...

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I would like the show to end with the u.s. army coming in and reestablishing america

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

How many times can they lose their humanity only to coax each other back from the brink? Its become a repetitious bore. After the Governor the show died a slow death. And now it truly is "The Walking Dead". Fear the Walking Dead was garbage from day one. Madison? No loss. Once you don't care if a character dies its over.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We also have loved the show, and always tried to defend it when others criticize the plot...BUT, the last couple of seasons have really been a case of beating a dead horse (A zombie if you like)

But, because we have been so invested in it for so long, we keep watching and hoping it gets better.....but it does not....

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ditto

• Simon
    Simon

The characters just seem unbelievably stupid so you just can't believe they have survived as long as they have.

Like, they meet some crazy militant group with fanatical followers who threaten them. Their plan? Hand over every single one of their weapons and then look to find more to fight them ... and when they do find some they hand them over to another faction of the same group!

Sorry, they all deserved to die a long time ago. Except Maggie, she can come stay with me and I'll keep her safe. Oh yeah.

The last one we watched had the continuity jumping all over the place like the director fancied themselves as making something arty or "thinky" like 12 Monkeys but didn't quite have the skill to do so, it was choppy, confusing and we gave up.

It's hard to do when you have invested a lot in a programme but better not to waste more time on it. If it comes good you can always catch up but you'll never get back those wasted hours if not.

We've also given up on Westworld ... Anthony Hopkins gave series 1 some gravitas but the current one doesn't seem to be going anywhere. This happens a lot - people have a great idea for a show (I know that one is based on an old story) but then don't know how to explain "the mystery" hook or they want to turn it into a never ending soap opera instead of focusing on the story arch of the characters. That's why Game of Thrones is so good ... that and all the boobs obviously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit