J.W. Women Should Stop Wearing Mascara!

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The WTBTS/ Org dictates to its subservient followers what constitutes a Bible truth/principle and what does not.

Example: it-1 p. 319 Birthday - ".....there is no indication in the Scriptures that faithful worshipers of Jehovah ever indulged in the pagan practice of annually celebrating birthdays. The Bible makes direct reference to only two birthday celebrations, those of Pharaoh of Egypt and Herod Antipas."

The Org's cast-iron "scriptural reasoning" - that any act/practice/celebration which the Bible records as only false worshipper having done, must be pagan and sinful - should be applied in every case.

2 Kings 9:30 says, "When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it. So she painted her eyes with black paint and adorned her head and looked down through the window."

Therefore, the WTBTS should warn every baptized sister that applying mascara will now be a disfellowshipping offence!

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Searcher

Don't give the borg ideas, the R & F have it bad enough.

• tiki
    tiki
    Hah...I remember one circuit overseer wife that had the makeup piled on so heavy some wouldn't go in service with her...she was an embarrasment. He was a real red neck moronic type as I recall.....ha....go figure.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice thread The Searcher!

Yes, if the assumption is that the origin of the practice casts it in a bad light, then why do witnesses do many other things that had bad origins?

I had the same thought some time back

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/385530004/rejecting-something-due-unscriptural-pagan-origins

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yea and the sisters also need to stop braiding their hair and wearing gold ornaments. It offends me! lol

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Aroq
    Aroq

No more afternoon naps!!! This is strictly forbidden. There was an afternoon nap recorded in the Bible and someone was beheaded. A good JW woman would never let her baby sleep during the day.

2 Samuel 4:5-7 "5 So the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, Rechab and Baanah, departed and came to the house of Ish-bosheth in the heat of the day while he was taking his midday rest. 6They came to the middle of the house as if to get wheat, and they struck him in the belly; and Rechab and Baanah his brother escaped. 7 Now when they came into the house, as he was lying on his bed in his bedroom, they struck him and killed him and beheaded him. And they took his head and traveled by way of the Arabah all night."

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    LOL Aroq!!
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    so--is it ok for the bruvvers to wear mascara now ?
  • compound complex
    compound complex

7 Now when they came into the house, as he was lying on his bed in his bedroom, they struck him and killed him and beheaded him. And they took his head and traveled by way of the Arabah all night."

Evidently, they got a head start . . .

CC

• talesin
    talesin

All women should stop wearing mascara. It's not healthy to wear gluey substances so close to your eyes - think about it. "But it's been tested on animals, it's safe!" Yet another reason to boycott it - and by the way, you actually trust cosmetics companies? BA HAHAHAHA! Okay, then, but back to my script. That's only common sense. to refrain from putting chemicals so close to one's EYES. Doesn't mean people will *do* it.

But what you are talking about was most likely kohl, which does not cause physical harm to one's eyes when it is used to darken the surrounding skin.

:P

( Searcher, just injecting a bit of off-the-wall levity, no insult intended! : D )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit