little acts of kindness.

by zeb 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Just had a coffee on way home when two young mums with babys in strollers came in with the usual bags and stuff for the little ones needs. I recall our days of little ones and the times we rarely went out.

I bought a coffee voucher for each mum and gave them my best wishes. I delight in doing random acts of kindness.

I wish everyone here as well a safe and happy Christmas/ new year time. Hugs!

Live long and prosper peace unto you all.

• just fine
    just fine
    I get so much joy from random acts of kindness. Just a small way to appreciate everyone.
  • GTSfromSY
    GTSfromSY

Thank you for that heart warming experience. I recently went to a Chinese food restaurant on my lunch break and an older gent bought my meal. He left before I was done and told the cashier to tell me "Merry Christmas". Wow, just wow. So what did I do, I turned around and did like-wise to two women behind me.

I have noticed that ever since leaving I have done more acts of kindness for others than I ever have in my life. It really helps with the loneliness and depression you get when adapting to post-cult life. That is also how you can make new quality friends as well :)

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Just reading here on this forum, I've noticed that ex JWs seem to be more giving than when they were in as well as current jws. I've noticed a pull in this direction for myself as well. Any ideas or theories as to why exciting the bORG seems to make people more giving?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Any ideas or theories as to why exciting the bORG seems to make people more giving?

I think on leaving it`s a wake up call for all ex JW`s and realize just how little we contributed to our community and nation and how much non Jw`s actually did contribute to the community`s we live in.

And just how generous non Jw`s are in helping in a practical way people of all walks of life regardless of social standing , religious , political beliefs or nationality.

Non JW`s are not judgemental and do not put conditions as to who they will help whereas JW`s have so many conditions they end up helping no one.

They , JW`s just end up as parasites in the community they live in taking all the benefits a Government offers without giving anything back in return.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Zeb great story, thanks. Sometimes I hold back because well this is England and we're a little insular. I'm afraid people will think what's she after, but I will try harder.

A few days ago I slipped on ice at a supermarket car park and a lady came rushing over to see if I was okay. She had such genuine concern on her face. It would have made made day had it not been for the massive bruise way too near my hip 😀

Live long and prosper Zeb and Happy Christmas.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My daughter and I have personally been on the receiving end of Zeb's kindness all the way from Oz! So thanks again Zeb. Her toy Koala is still pride of place (she actually put it on the Christmas tree a few days ago instead of a bauble).

Just reading here on this forum, I've noticed that ex JWs seem to be more giving than when they were in as well as current jws. I've noticed a pull in this direction for myself as well. Any ideas or theories as to why exciting the bORG seems to make people more giving?

I find myself a lot more outgoing and friendly. I cant believe i used to look down on these people and see them as not real people. I think in all cases, as soon as one group dehumanizes another group it makes it easier to treat them with disrespect, easier to not empathize with them and easier to think of them being destroyed without a care.

The Nazi's did it with the Jews.

The Japanese did it with the Chinese.

And Jehovah's Witnesses to it to everybody else.

Once you're out and see the world as a wonderful, exciting place you appreciate it more because you've missed so much. So you jump in with both feet and want to get involved.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    They , JW`s just end up as parasites in the community they live in taking all the benefits a Government offers without giving anything back in return.

I don't agree with this. Individual JW's pay their taxes and hence as legal citizens they have a right to government benefits as other citizens.

In India, there are people who donate thousand of rupees to charity, but hide away millions of rupees away and don't pay their taxes. JW's are better than them.

• zeb
    zeb

Mr Roboto.."Any ideas or theories as to why exciting the bORG seems to make people more giving?"

well here's mine. 1. We are not ragged tired all the time from endless meetings.

2. we are not anywhere near as judgemental either.

and perhaps we have learned to be kinder to our own selves.

live long and prosper in peace.

• tiki
    tiki

So nice! The world needs more people to be kind and compassionate!😍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit