my first painting after my cataract oeration

by nugget 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    It's beautiful. Suggests the idea of looking up and swimming free.
  • nugget
    nugget
    Thank you all. It is such a joy to. be able to pursue a talent without guilt. One thing the society does is inhibit our ability to follow our dreams and develop skills. It is amazing how much of what makes us unique we were prepared to deny ourselves because of the whims of a publishing house.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I have the privilege of knowing Nugget personally. We have met a few times at xjw get togethers.she is a very talented lady...who also has the patience of a saint...she needs that...she's married to Cantleave
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Take heart Nugget, Claude Monet painted with bad eyesight. You know how blurry the impressionist paintings can be. Gee, wonder why?

The lack of detail and color subtlety in the later works of the Impressionist painter Claude Monet can be attributed to postoperative cataract problems, according to letters the artist wrote to his ophthalmologist.

The letters, which were recently aquired by the French Ophthalmological Society, were discussed by Dr. James G. Ravin in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Dr. Ravin said that because Monet's Impressionistic style was deliberately based on a certain imprecision of detail his visual difficulties did not become apparent until, when he was in his 60's, forms began to vanish in his paintings of weeping willows and water lilies.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Your right nugget they inhibit our ability....but some of us break free from their grasp.

Mad Puppy

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Those paintings are beautiful, Nugget - you've got some talent there!

Glad your operation was successful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit