my first painting after my cataract oeration

by nugget 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• nugget
    nugget

Have only just been able to paint again after a cataract operation in September. I had complications which meant my short sight has been compromised but following some surgery the fluid buildup seems to have cleared and I have started painting again. This is a larger rendition of an earlier piece, such a relief to be ble to see the paper again.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    They're beautiful nugget. So glad your eyes are ok. Take care.
  • talesin
    talesin

That is great news. I can't imagine, this must have been so hard on you.

What beautiful work. Wish I could see it in person.

W/C and acrylic? Or straight watercolour?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Wow!

You are an ARTIST!

• nugget
    nugget

Thank you. This is an ink drawing with ink wash as the colours remain true when they dry. The disadvantage is that you have to work fast as the ink stains the paper as soon as it is applied.

I need to get painting as there is a summer exhibition and I need work of exhibition quality before then. I usually do the bulk of my pictures in late summer early autumn but this year I need to catch up. Not sure if this picture will make the cut.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Not sure if this picture will make the cut.

It makes the cut here.

• brandnew
    brandnew

NUGGETS GOT TALENT !!!! YAAAAY!!!!

very nice.

Mad Puppy

• talesin
    talesin

That's quite amazing. And painstaking. It's not a technique I knew of (ie, the coloured inks/washes). Like Esse quam says, makes the cut here. : ))

Thanks for sharing such beautiful work.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

All I can say is WOW! And I hope you can make money with your talent.

HappyDad

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Good for you!

Unfortunately I had a Lasik operation which went bad and now I see worse. For anyone thinking of it take PRK instead and take it from a surgeon who's been doing it for 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit