I Was Told To "Read Between The Lines"

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I Was Told To "Read Between The Lines"

This is a good indication that there is actually nothing IN the lines, and that you have to make stuff up about what was supposed to be IN the lines in the first place (if they were honest enough to actually write something understandable IN the lines.)

If there is substance IN the lines, why would some have to read something BETWEEN them? What's between the lines? NOTHING is between the lines in any printed text, that's what! And that's what you get!

Jesus to his disciples: "God is a frog."

Then, Jesus says to his disciples: "God is a misquito."

Disciples ask Jesus, "What the heck does THAT mean"

Jesus: "Read between the lines."

Disciples: Ok, Jesus. No probs.

Anyone who asks people to "read between the lines" is deceptive and manipulative and is hiding something.

This is called "gleaning" (separating the shit from the other shit) in Watchtower World(tm) and of course, is ALL Bible-Based(tm).

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

...or, they're conditioned to react a certain way because they can't even think properly. They make excuses for what they cannot defend and it is pitiful.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Yes Minimus, the typical Dub wordspeak.

No matter what, with proof in your hands and their seeing eyes: denial .

So typical, yet so sad and frustrating.

Farkel: YOU are GOD - now can we all party?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Read between the lines, wow, that takes me back to my radical brother who used that terms to defend some unreasonable belief; if he believed it, and it was not clear in print, he said that the elders were just reading between the lines.

It has not been good for him; he is older now and fights the feeling that he has been fooled his whole life. He studies old books and constantly tries to figure out who the king of the north is; he calls the society about stuff and writes them too.

I quit doing that quite some time ago; If they can't get it clear in PRINT, then I don't want to hear any lame ass idea that the bro at the service desk has either.

If you don't have the guts to put it into print, then I will milk the gray areas all I can.

• happy man
    happy man

minimus

I am very surprised, i didnt now that you still belive in Jehova?

OR?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I am very surprised, i didnt now that you still belive in Jehova?

A lot of us here still believe in Jehovah, we just realize now that the Watchtower Society doesn't speak for him.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    It appears to me this, "read between the lines" is a safety valve this witness uses to deal with the inconsistencies within the Society.

Their "wait on Jehovah" mantra is another safety valve used to deal with theose same inconsistencies.

• minimus
    minimus

Happyman, I believe in Jehovah. I do not believe in the "faithful and discreet slave". I do not believe the GB speaks for God. I do not believe that this is Jehovah's organization. So many equate Jehovah with the "slave" or the organization. They think that if the organization says something, Jehovah God is saying it, thru them. If that is true then Jehovah doesn't know certain things at certain times or He downrightly makes mistakes. I can "read between the lines". Can you?

• Room 215
    Room 215

``Read between the lines:" I recall this expression was generally used in reference to what the WTBTS disingenuously termed ``a suggestion;" usually relating to some issue involving behavior; the word ``suggestion" was widely interpreted in dubland as ``really a command;'' i.e. because the elders have no scriptural basis whatsover to compel you to shave your beard, shorten the length of your hair or increase the length of your skirt, good little dubbies would be well advised to take their ``suggestion" as a command -- or no ``privileges" of pioneering, microphone toting, etc. would be forthcoming.

• sandy
    sandy
    ``a suggestion;" usually relating to some issue involving behavior; the word ``suggestion" was widely interpreted in dubland as ``really a command;'' i.e. because the elders have no scriptural basis whatsover to compel you to shave your beard, shorten the length of your hair or increase the length of your skirt, good little dubbies would be well advised to take their ``suggestion" as a command -- or no ``privileges" of pioneering, microphone toting, etc. would be forthcoming.

How can they dictate all this? Why did we listen to it all? I can understand we need to look clean and presentable but what is the big deal if a brother has a beard or my skirt is a little above the knee or I have two wholes in my ear?

I never really thought about all that stuff. Like most of you I guess I just followed the "rules".

No they are not "Rules" excuse me, they are suggestions. The is a big difference.

So if it is a suggestion how can they not allow a brother to hold privileges if he decides not to take the "society's" "suggestion" and he keeps a beared?

Has anybody ever tried to go on the stage or carry the microphones sporting a beared? That would be a site to see. I would go to a meeting just to see that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit