cleaning advice??? anyone can respond........seriously.

by Mulan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother's microwave oven has an unpleasant odor, tainting the food she heats.

About two weeks ago, she heated a cat toy (catnip), to refresh it. She did it for 2 minutes, not realizing that was wayyyyy too long. 20 seconds maybe. It burned and her microwave is now very odiferous.

We boiled baking soda in water yesterday. Any tips, from experts? I cleaned houses professionally and never encountered this one.

• Celia
    Celia

Ground coffee is used to deodorize drawers, cabinets, etc... I don't know how it could be used in a microwave though....

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Ok seriously “Fabrezze” worked for doggie odor on our couch.

So maybe for burnt in cat nippy odor it will work 2.

Good Luck Gurl Friend,

Utopian_Raindrops

• jgnat
    jgnat

I found it! This is such a kewl article! I am going to try some of them. Use cut lemons or vanilla extract to kill the odour. A friend of mine taught me to freshen my kitchen by simmering cinnamon and water on the stove for a few minutes.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_cleaning_tips_hints/article/0,1801,HGTV_3111_1387042,00.html

• spike
    spike

To give your microwave a clean,fresh smell,place a bowl of water in it and add 3or4 slices of fresh lemon or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Cook high 30 to 60 seconds. For the very worst odors place vanilla extract in a bowl for at least 30 seconds. Leave the door closed for 12 hours, remove the vanilla and wipe down the inside of the microwave.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you everyone, guys and girls. Those are great ideas. I'll let you know how it works.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Vinegar.... Vinegar cleans everything.

I run a pot of vinegar water threw my coffee pot every so often to clean it out

• Jesika
    Jesika

God, I hope one of those works for you, how awful to have a cat nip pizza!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

When all else fails, . . . buy a new microwave.

Nina

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Have you tried Heloise's website? Great website for helpful hints! www.hintsfromheloise.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit