Open Letter To The Board

by dottie 22 Replies latest social current

• dottie
    dottie

I actually posted some of this in reply to Rebel's thread..."For Those of Us With No Opinion". I feel that everyone should have an opinion and this is mine. I feel some things I had to address and I can't just sit on my hands quietly anymore.

I think in the long run...no one really likes war, even then so-called "pro-war" people. From the way I look at it they are supporting this war because of things that have happened and they feel that they need to support the government in every way. Which to me is fine. On the other end of the spectrum there are the "anti-war" people which I think are just trying to look out for humanities sake. Which is also fine to me.

What isn't fine to me is how some try to force their opinons on people. If there is a disagreement, fine disagree, but IMHO, I think it is ridiculous to carry on an argument over days and days. If they are going to disagree, great; but don't continue to push and push your opinion on someone who obviously is standing firm in their boots. I think some should agree to disagree.

My whole stance is this : Yes war is war. War sucks no one likes it, but until YOU are the one sitting in that drivers seat (ie: president, prime minister, etc) you have no say in the matter. Doesn't matter if they are elected officials or not...they are still going to do what they think is right for thier country. I hate war just as much as anyone else, but at the same time I feel that I need to support the troops because they are going through some crazy shit over there and the last thing they want to hear about "home" is how much they are hated.

Please...let's try to promote peace within this forum...many of us out there need this place as a nice place to go to, talk to friends and maybe get a bit of stress relief. I know for a fact that many are now coming here because they don't want to watch TV and the brutality of war, then they come here and there'a a damn war going on here too.

Please...fellow posters and friends, lets give peace a chance in here, seeing as we can't do alot to stop the war going on "out there".

Damn...I think this is my longest post ever...but anyway..this is just my 2 cents...spend it how you chose...

Dottie

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Indeed, we are all forming our own opinions based upon our values and what we feel is right. Both sides.

However, supporting the war isn't necessarily being pro-everything the government does, some of us just believe that THIS war is necessary to protect our way of life, regardless of how we feel about the government. I wouldn't blindly support the government if I didn't feel it was right, but I would always support our troops simply because I believe it is the honorable thing to do.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Well said. I couldn't agree more, Dottie.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I agree with you Dottie, great post hon.

If you notice, I never post on ANY war threads or ones having to do with politics.

• wednesday
    wednesday

TY Dottei,

I too come here for solace and comfort. I think some discussion is ok, but i do not want to be called names (ie moron) b/c of my feelings. I have found i have become more political as i have gotten older.but i also want to live and let live.Politics if discussed civilly is great.

I love the fluff threds and the personal stories. We can't live 24/7 with this war..

We all need to hang together here.There is a war going on, and where it will end up-who knows. We need to stay together. This is an international board and all are welcome. Hate is not welcome-wether it comes form an anti war person or a pro war person.

So no matter what is going on outside in the cold stark reality of the war:

give peace a chance on the board.

• dottie
    dottie

Thanks for the replies everyone !!!

I am glad that I am not the only one thinking this way

Dottie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Cheers Dottie, some of my sentiments were reflected in what you wrote.

Wishing EVERYONE on this forum, a good day.

Good health & happiness, always .

((((((hugs to Dottie))))))

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Dottie:(Ms. Switerzland)

As ever the voice of reason, I agree.I started posting on the war ones because of the off the wall comments. But YOUR right, I have been so stressed seeing everything on T.V. so I will follow Dottie's path and be neutral once again.

Imagine our own Ghandi LOL

• dottie
    dottie

((((((((sheila))))))))

Thanks

I have been called many things but not Ghandi!! LOL

Dottie

• borgfree
    borgfree
    What isn't fine to me is how some try to force their opinons on people. If there is a disagreement, fine disagree, but IMHO, I think it is ridiculous to carry on an argument over days and days. If they are going to disagree, great; but don't continue to push and push your opinion on someone who obviously is standing firm in their boots. I think some should agree to disagree.

Overall I agree with your post Dottie.

In reading yours, and other comments on the war threads though, I think that the behavior of some posters is the same on other subjects, not just the war.

There are strong feelings here on several subjects, such as, religion, sexual preference, evolution, race, and a variety of PC subjects.

If you are a Christian, there are some who automatically think you are an idiot. Some think you are sick if you do not endorse homo-sexuality. Some insist that you must believe evolution or you are just not enlightened, and, race usually brings a lot of heated posts, especially if you do not agree with the current PC crowd.

I happen to be a white, straight, Christian, conservative, pro-American man. I think that probably puts me in the 1% or 2% class on the board.

I agree that the war threads have brought on a lot of heated posts, but my point is, that other subjects bring them out too.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit