Newbie question about the NGO story

by gcc2k 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Hi. I've seen the reproductions of evidence in the NGO story.

Let's say I was to discuss this matter with a local friendly elder. I imagine that the following criticisms would ensue:

1) That is not a real letter sent by the Society (saying it was just for a library card, or as the version from Portugal said, to gain favor in certain nations).

2) The reply from the librarian at the UN saying that becoming an NGO is not a requirement for a library pass is not real.

My main concern is with the latter. I know the librarian has an email address listed, but I would likely be the 542,435th person to email him/her and ask if he/she had written this letter.

Has anyone been able to obtain 3rd party verification that any of these documents are real?

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

This is not a troll. Surely someone has hard evidence?

• Xander
    Xander

The public relations department at the UN is, in fact, PAID to answer questions.

So what if you ARE the half-millionth person to ask? It's a valid question, go ahead and call and ask. They'll send you the info, and you'll have all the proof you need.

• stichione
    stichione

Try checking things out at the following link: http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome gcc2k,

Venice's father showed me his original documents last summer at the apostafest at Princesses' house in Edmonds, Washington (suburb of Seattle). He had thoroughly documented everything himself. It was very complete. I have known Venice's father for many, many years and I know how meticulous he is about his research. I was absolutely floored by this documentation and absolutely certain what I saw was authentic.

The problem you have is that you don't know Venice's father and you don't know me. There is no way to verify this information first hand other than for you to write to the UN and verify it, receiving on their letterhead addressed to you the proof that you need. Unfortunately, as soon as you go to show these documents to any JW in denial, they will say that they too are faked. In other words, you can lead this horse to water, but there is just no way to get this horse to drink if they don't want to. The only thing you might hope to do is plant a seed of doubt in them.

I wish you well in your quest. I hope it will bear fruit.

Tammy

• kls
    kls

sorry to say but all on here are right, i confronted my husband about un. and he blew up and became violent.his denial was unreal, i said i would write the un for proof , he told me go ahead but it is all lies.he said anyone can write any thing on any paper they want to stumble gods people.maybe you will have more luck but don't bet the farm on it. welcome kls

• Loris
    Loris

The denial factor is very high. When I presented the documentation to the two elders who visited me they did not dispute the authenticity of the information. They were in a word speachless. A few days later when I got the phone call requesting a followup visit the PO had the gall to say, "We just can't say why Jehovah would have the society do that. We will just have to accept that He had good reasons for it. We are not in a position to question Jehovah on such matters." There is a hundred excuses that they can come up with for not seeing that the WTS is full of crap.

Loris

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't decided what to do yet, but I do travel to NYC a few times a year, so perhaps I'll just pop into the UN and ask :)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

To a hard-core JW, this is a non-issue. Over on Beliefnet, several of us have repeatedly pointed out the hypocrisy of the Society's condemning other religious groups for joining the UN as NGOs when they did the same thing.

The JWs either refuse to answer or they come back with a statement such as, "Well, the Society didn't step over the line with regard to neutrality, so it's okay." Of course, they then refuse to define what they mean by "step over the line."

It's well-nigh impossible to get a JW to accept anything that makes the Society look bad. They will turn themselves inside out in an attempt to justify anything the Society does.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Try to get them to commit first. "If these accusations were true, do you see how someone would think the WT was hypocritical?" or "You think these accusations are fabricated - why, whats so bad about joining the UN?" If you can get them to take a position before introducing them the evidence then maybe they won't be so quick to back-pedal once they have the evidence. Either way its a real long shot.

If they still doubt it, call the UN info line (the number is listed Randy's website) and ask them to send you an information packet - to the JW's address. Let them get it in the mail!

PS... Hi RHW -Nuetrino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit