When 2 want to visit.

by stillin 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Some of the local Witnesses have been by, periodically, to check on us and say that they miss us. I consider that a decent thing to do since they figure that we're going to die any day now from the loving god. Some have been elders, who have to always stay distant so that they don't somehow get contaminated by being too nice to us.

But when two elders want to come, it seems to be a different thing. If my wife wanted it, I would have been fine and made an appointment. She didn't though and when I cancelled the appointment I noticed that the brother said that maybe the two elders could just meet with me and leave my wife out of it.

I have no problem with either of these guys as people. I plan on stopping by each of their homes individually to just visit and nurture the friendship that has been there for many years. But I get the feeling that there's something else going on and that nurturing is not on their agenda.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Alarm bells, alarm bells!!

Whenever two elders say they want to have a conversation with you on the same occasion, they have only one thing on their mind - the two witness rule!

They are looking for info from you which requires corroboration by them both.

Are JW publishers required to visit other JW publishers in pairs? Nope - just elders.

Ask each elder to visit you on their own, and see what response you get!

When I was first offered a shepherding call over two years ago, I informed the elder (very nice man) that I would not sit in a room with two elders again. He told me that he'd gladly come on his own. I said great.

I'm still waiting.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The two witness rule now works on separate occasions. Hence, if you say something bad to an elder one day and another bad thing to another elder the next day, both of their testimonies can and will be used against you.

They also want to work in pairs in case the elder gets to your house, your wife invites him in, starts crying over his shoulder and that would somehow turn into sex. Yes, they are obsessed with this idea because thats the phony excuse a few unfaithful mates gave at their judicial hearing.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Oh, and best tactic is to tell them "you need time" and say nothing, absolutely nothing about your doubts.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I have one word that will stop them, Ebola.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yea as stephanie said, two elders getting together is never to nuture friendship. It is always a set up

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    With you on that Morph, feels like they're setting the stage.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The only good spin to put on TWO elders wanting to visit is that it indicates they lack sufficient evidence to form a THREE elder judicial committee.

If you meet, STFU and just listen, nod, and smile.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

The Fall Guy + StehpaneLaliberte are dead on the money correct.

Before I quit recently I personally had to meet with CO + legal on a conf call re: an appeal case I was chairman on.

We were flat out reprimanded for "establishing a matter" with what turned out to be only one on the investigation. We assigned 2 to investigate. Turned out only one actually heard the confession and verbally TOLD the second elder who conviently left out this fact when the initial JC convened.

The (alledged) perp had his D/F decision overturned on appeal due to this technicality. Brilliant! Was like a Jason Bourne movie without the action scenes.

God I'm so glad to be done with all this crap.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Don't agree to 2 elders coming by. It's a setup IMHO. Let them know that only 2 (you and1 other) are needed to gathered together to have jc in your midst"

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit