Do You Ever Think Of ALL The Wasted Time Because You Were a JW?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I immediately go to thoughts of other former JWs that were shackled far longer and realize it is self pitying to dwell on minutes personally wasted or opportunities missed. Whoever or wherever we are in life there will be wasted time and prospects. What matters is the present. Putting regrets and anger behind is imperative to finding a more positive future. Even on the worst day of that journey, it's comforting to know without doubt that day is better than a day stuck in a cult.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What The Girl Next Door said.

You can't change the past, best to make the most of the time you have remaining. Watch those sunsets folks.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

oh yes! Thankfully I only invested a solid 5 years and was still in my early 20's when I left. Still though, I wasted the prime of my youth when I could have pursued music, sports etc. Oh well, better late than never

• Chook
    Chook

I actually think I'm lucky to see the truth after 27 years, looking backwards I see storms , but now good weather ahead. I just feel guilty about spoon feeding the kids this bullshit, their is some resentment about lost time , but I will rise above this and better my life.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

+Yes, I have but its more healthy to look ahead. Kinda hard to do when you never made plans because the world was going to end. You know, painting the deck of the Titanic is what we were told. Now I have to decide who I want to be. Better late then never.

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting comments! Regarding dwelling on things it's not something I presciently dwell on all the time. However I will not ignore it as some of you suggested. I would help anyone that could get wrapped up in the religion so as to run away as fast as possible! I do believe the religion stifles people and that is not really a good thing!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sure. What a depressing thing that is to do.

It is important to learn from that and to make the most of whatever time we might have left and live that life to its fullest, savoring every precious moment!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yeah I briefly think about it not with any real sadness though except for a sore ass from sitting all those hours listening to utter bull shit.

I believe no need to cry over spilt milk because it's all water under the bridge. So I don't waste too much time thinking about because I have a lot of more interesting thing to think about. I'm busy living life free from the Watchtower printing corporation/God's earthly visible organization cult that controls your life, and wastes your time royally with bull shit and more bull shit so as to line their pockets with your free labor.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

So bad that it doesn't even bear thinking about!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "Do you ever think of ALL the wasted time because you were a JW?"

Not specifically "wasted time", per se...

...but I do, however, have a measure of difficulty (and resentment, when I'm being honest with myself) when I look back at all the perfectly legitimate "life experience" opportunities I missed (accidentally or deliberately) because I'd been "playing fair and following the rules".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit