Remembering the Truth

by ScoobySnax 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks for your replies to my post, I can't begin to imagine being in the position that some of you clearly are in now, feeling as you do. You've obviously all had a rough ride in one way or another, I have since being inactive "looked about" at different ideas and viewpoints outside the WBTS, so much is at your fingertips on the web, yet none of them quite resonate with me as did what I remember from an early age going to the meetings/assemblies etc.... I know you'd probably say, well if it was that good then sod off back there then!, yet I don't feel I could do that just yet (probably laziness) It just seems like I'm always at a "halfway house" neither in nor out. I have only my mum who is inactive herself who understands how I feel, some of my other family who were JW are now out, so its not like to leave would cause me to suffer any broken family ties, like lots of you have. Its just that I really wouldn't want to leave altogether, its like I still want that door to be open to me......I'm waffling again now, but I hope you get my point. By the way DantheMan and Minimus......my "point is" since you ask, that I was unloading and expressing a viewpoint, mine. And being as this is a discussion board for things JW related, I thought it a good place to do so. This post would have looked kind of out of place had I posted it on a cookery or DIY forum etc......get my drift??

• goofy
    goofy

I have some fond memories but I also have memories of standing alone before and after every meetings as a young person just wishing someone would talk to me (more than a passing hello, how are you) so I would look so stupid standing alone. Have you guys ever heard this one "Are you in the Truth" or "Is the Truth in You"

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Oi Goofy! I'd have chatted with you, in fact you probably wouldn't have been able to shut me up!!, From one dog (Scooby) to another Goofy!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Scooby:

so much is at your fingertips on the web, yet none of them quite resonate with me as did what I remember from an early age going to the meetings/assemblies etc

I too am still (really, just started not too long ago) looking for a new "resonance." That's a good way you describe it. Katie and I not infrequently reflect on how different (read "more enjoyable") the JW brotherhood was as we both grew up. Some really nice memories; memories worth keeping.

Its just that I really wouldn't want to leave altogether,

Neither did I. That's just the way they played it out on me. And now that it's done, they left me no choice but to re-examine where they are and compare that to where I want to be. I much prefer the unclear alternatives I now face, versus the clear choice I would face with them.

Thank you for you open-ness. The subtlety of our own feelings is extremely hard to grasp.

The search is not over.

Craig

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Craig...... "The subtlety of our own feelings is hard to grasp" What a thoughtful phrase, thanks for your reply. I wish Katie and you lots of happiness in what path you choose. Scott

• onacruse
    onacruse

Scott:

I wish Katie and you lots of happiness in what path you choose.

Thanks. And the same to you; I venture to guess that our paths are, at least in some ways, equally challenging.

If you care to pm, I'd be glad to talk with ya.

Craig

• Azalo
    Azalo

when i first left 7 years ago I always figured I'd be back some day but now i know that there is no way i could evr go bck and i feel great about that, i dont have the perpetual guilt anymore. now i just wait on my family to open their eyes, they will eventually, i just hope that it will be sooner rather than later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit