Remembering the Truth

by ScoobySnax 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

You have a different paradigm. Think of a time when you 'thought' you had all the facts about a matter and then one added bit of information totally changed your whole outlook. In the case of being a J-dud a picture was painted in your mind and conditions where set in place to freeze that image. Circular reasoning was used to net your thinking into a cycle of left turns. You always ended up back where you started. The fact that you made it to this point is to your credit. It usually takes some event or other outside action to knock a person loose. Then a system of reintegration is in place to 'bring the erring one back'. If you slip past that you are home free. Then they cast you off the cut off any interaction so you can't infect anyone else and try to render you dysfunctional. Rule or ruin, sound familiar? Maverick

• heathen
    heathen

UMmmmmmmmmm Scooby --- For Gods sakes get a life man . Noone here says you can't live your life the way you want to, we just suggest that you examine the WT doctrine from a point that is not white washed by the WT . If half of what I've read on this board is true then they are a group that has stepped over the bounds of rhyme and reason many times .The covering up child molestation , the condemning people over blood transfussions the long term shunning of people who admit mistakes and want to remain within the religion, the society claims to be the messiah ,constant demands to put in more feild service time , this list could go on but I think you get the point ,they have turned religion into a freak show.

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Scooby

For me, my brother OUTLAW said it best. I hate the Watchtower Society with a passion, but I still (and always will) have many many friends that I left behind at the Hall. Some are even my blood.

Yes... we remember the get-togethers and the good times out in service and even working on quick-builds... being with our friends. Most of the JWs we ever knew were (are) people of the finest sort and that's why many of us here still miss them and probably always will. But the Organization.... the System of Dos and Don'ts that cheats them out of a quality life? And strips them of their basic humanity? No. We don't miss that at all.

• minimus
    minimus

Oh yes, remembering the "truth". Was it a memory or a false hope? Was it a unbelievable dream or was it simply a LIE? What was so fond about the "truth"? Believing a lie? You were never in the "truth". That statement is true. You can give a response like you try to do, you know, one of those never quite coming to grips with the real truth of why we're all here on this board, why you're here. As Dan asked, "and your point is"?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I feel your pain, scooby; it gets better though.

It is always better to know the truth. For me, it is so much better than going slowly crazy trying to make sense of the Orwellian pronouncements of the GB.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Scooby, I haven't read the replies, so apologize if this has been covered. I hope you do what is in your heart. This forum, as well as Jehovah's Witnesses, are only a glimpse of life. There are so many good people out there that have never even heard of Jehovah's Witnesses. I hope you find some of these people and enjoy life, and let go of, even if just for a bit, JW's and EX-JW's. You've spent enough of your life entangled in the Jehovovh's Witnesses web, don't spend the rest of it fighting the Watchtower Society.

best,

christina

• JT
    JT
    But the Organization.... the System of Dos and Don'ts that cheats them out of a quality life? And strips them of their basic humanity? No. We don't miss that at all.

ray put it best the "organization" takes on a life of it's own-

• Mutz
    Mutz

What is the 'Truth'? The truth of today, the truth of 5 years ago, the truth of 10 20 or 30 years ago, they are all different. The 'Truth' is a nice bit of cult speak created by the WTBS.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I can understand how you feel. For many of us the JW life was our youth, our family and we enjoyed life then, at least I did. My mother and father were loving people. You miss those years, BUT......

When you finally see that you were totally indoctrinated into a false hope, and used by the Borg. to do their wishes regardless of your needs and those of your family it sort of pisses you off. I remember talking to NH Knorr and all I can remember is his arrogance, an attitude of I'm greater than you. I heard THE JUDGE speak once and he was the same way. They are truly a cult.

I still love the people who are still controlled by the borg.(some of them) but can't stand the little group of old men who think they are ruling God's people.

Ken P.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hey, I just was about to make the relation of the JW's to 1984 by Orwell on this thread! Speaking of which, Scoob, if you want to get a clearer grasp of what the "Truth" really is, you'll have to read some books. 1984 is one of them. Others include Crisis of Concience by the eternal thorn in the Society's side himself, Raymond Franz, Churches That Abuse by RJ Enroth (Heck, ANYTHING by Enroth is good reading) and Endtime Predictions by Richard Abenes. Best of wishes to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit