Prove It!

by Chap 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Is the truth able to be determined logically?

Apparently not by you, if what you wrote above is your best attempt. It seems your understanding of logic is as sketchy as your understanding of physics.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

You know, I'm smack-dab in the middle of a college Philosophy course, so you'd think I'd have something to say here. But reading this thread has given me a headache.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Chap,what are you talking about?..Your post makes no sense..Reread my post and try again...OUTLAW

• Chap
    Chap

SYN:

What I attempted to say was that the universe was created by God along with humanity. God always exists so in him contains all physical laws.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Chap,

I wonder why I even bother to play with you on this, but I will. I will because I've wrestled with these arguments enough times to understand them, and to be able to intelligently reply to them.

Let's start with the basics, ok?

Is there a set called "everything?" Yes there is. In the set called "everything", can "something" exist? Yes, it can. In the set called "everything" can "nothing" exist? Yes, it can because in the set called "everything" "nothing" is a thing, since humans agree that "nothing" does, indeed, exist. But that doesn't matter, because we all know there is a "nothing" and "everything" encompasses even a "nothing." Therefore, it MUST exist, because "nothing" is a part of "everything."

If you think "nothing" is NOT a part of "everything," then please explain your answer, since "everything" must encompass "nothing" as "nothing" is a something called "nothing" and humans agree in that set called "nothing."

Let me ask you a question, then: can "everything" exist if the only set is "nothing?" Of COURSE it can, you silly twit! If "nothing" is the only set, then "nothing" by pure defintion is and MUST BE "everything," since nothing else exists, except "nothing" itself!. Therefore, in that set, "nothing" is "everything!" So in that set "everything" MUST be a part of nothing, and as I've pointed out, "nothing" must also exist in the set called "everything."

The rest of your comments are babbling bullshit, and I won't bother with them. They are pure nonsense designed to confuse people, and they are a joke unworthy of further comment.

I've been through this this same argument many, many times. If you want to continue to play with me, do so at your own risk.

You are either not a clear thinker, or you are purposefully being deceptive. I see right through it all.

Farkel

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Chap: Ooooo, a dictionary definition! Hahahaha.

Define thing, bearing in mind we could be talking about energy or mass. And when you do so, please make sure you define place in a way that takes into account the fact that some things can occupy the same place at the same time; a electromagnetic field is a thing, it can occupy a solid object. Also, remember that there are at least four dimensions, which confuses things dreadfully, as we can only really 'see' three of them, so there may be things and places we can't see using our senses.

IF you do that, and start reading Physics textbooks, and are reasonably intelligent, then in a few months you'll know enough to follow the theories of how it's now thought the instigation of the Universe as we know it was almost inevitable given the state that 'nothing' (BIG LAUGH) was in before it became something that we can more readily understand. Unlike god popping out of nowhere (or a shaman's arse, as is my pet theory), there are at least some theoretical proof of this.

Chap, you are trying to develop an arguement for the existence of god based upon a presupposition that god exists and came from DRUMROLL nothing! You are doing so in a way that I think my 12 year-old daughter could see was unscientific and illogical - I see my kids not this but next weekend, and I want to run your, well, let's call it an arguement, by her, as I'm sure she'll deliver one of her pearls of wisdom.

• Chap
    Chap

Abaddon:

I haven't picked up a Physics textbook since high school. But from what I remember, solid objects are not really solid but the atoms that make up a solid are in constant motion. That isn't the point of what I am saying in this thread. If you read my first post, I do not say that God came from nothing. God, to which I refer to as "It is" (which is the third person of "I am" in the Bible) always has existed, exists now, and always will exist.

Exodus 3:14
    And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (KJV)

Farkel, I will deal with your comments a little later but I first want to add another bit of confusion since you say I am purposely trying to confuse people. (We all know there is no authority higher than Farkel)

• Francois
    Francois

I have an approach that is far, far simpler, as in Occam's Razor.

The existence of God cannot be proven nor disproven through the use of logic.

See? One sentence. And it sums up all the blather pretty good, IMHO.

francois

• Chap
    Chap

If you don't have enough to think about or are not confused enough, I have the following to throw in.

Who is Jesus Christ?

Was he just a good teacher? A good man? The founder of another religion? It is recorded that he said John 8:58
    Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    (KJV)

Those two words I underlined say this. Jesus claimed to be the always existing God. The Jews understood this. That is why they tried to stone him because they thought he blasphemed. People who say that Jesus never claimed to be God do not understand what the Bible says.

How about this one:

John 14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    (KJV) underlining mine

Mohammad claimed to be God's only prophet and lots of people who founded religions said they are the official spokesmen of God, but did anyone speak like it is recorded how Jesus spoke? Jesus said "I am the truth". If you stop for a minute to contemplate what that means, you may understand better the initial post of this thread.

I can tell the truth but when someone claims to be "the truth", isn't he claiming to be all of reality or all that exists? This person is one of only two possibilities; God or "The Lie". Let me put it this way, if Jesus is not God or all that exists, he could only be the worst scum to ever walk the planet. I see no middle ground here. If Jesus is not God, he caused a whole lot of people to change their lifestyles in hope of eternal life for absolutely nothing. He also caused many people to worship a false god if in fact he is not God.

One thing I do not understand. Why haven't I gotten a knock on my door from a Jew who is trying to convince people that Jesus was not their Messiah and definately not God. Aren't they supposed to love their neighbors too? We can see from biblical history what happened to the Jewish people when they broke their first commandment which is: Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (KJV)

This should give you something to think about and I'm sure I'll get a lot of feedback from this.

• JackOliver
    JackOliver
    I've been through this this same argument many, many times. If you want to continue to play with me, do so at your own risk

Farkel, I bow down to you supreme all knowing omnipotent one. I guess you proved your point. Your brain is "something" with "nothing" in it. See below :

Jack'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit