Covid 19 - expert says it's hype!

by The Fall Guy 21 Replies latest social current

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SLIDIN FAST:

I don’t agree with this person’s views. I might have wondered the same thing myself about the virus in the very beginning - but soon changed my mind. That infection and death toll in Italy is staggering.

I made sure I went out and stocked up on things before the general panic set in.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its not sensationalized hype, its a contagious serious illness that has the potential to kill, particularly to the elderly and people with other chronic health issues.

Think about what would happen to a given general population if there was no social restrictions in travel, close social interaction or socialization in public places such as in schools ???

• mrquik
    mrquik

China, with a population of 3.3 billion had deaths totaling 3,304. Keep in mind the government squashed this for 2 months before admitting publicly they had a problem. Deaths currently from the virus are zero. This was over a period of 4 months.

• jws
    jws

mrquik wrote:

China, with a population of 3.3 billion had deaths totaling 3,304. Keep in mind the government squashed this for 2 months before admitting publicly they had a problem. Deaths currently from the virus are zero.

They're 3,305 now. So, not quite 0.

• jws
    jws

Death rate is nearly 5% of cases. And that's not even the cases that have ended in recovery or death. MOST of those are on-going and could still result in death, sending the death % higher.

In the US, of the 8670 cases that are deemed over (death or recovery), 36% have died.

Of course, those are just raw numbers. Maybe it takes longer to diagnose somebody as recovered. And maybe many non-serious cases aren't even reported. We are lacking for tests.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would say this so called expert is a poorly studied novice idiot in contagious.viruses .

Tell this to families that have loved ones die from this virus in countries like Italy or in New York city.

The thousands that have died there which is not a statement of fiction.

If Italy hadn't shut down like it did, the numbers of thousands killed would be worse.

• jp1692
    jp1692

What kind of person starts a thread on a worldwide pandemic with "LOL!"; then cites Wikipedia as a source for a controversial "expert" whose field is not virology or epidemiology, but is actually mental illnesses; and who is, in fact, a spokesman for the SPD, the Social Democratic Party of Germany?

Seriously!

That being said, here is a direct quote from the WP article about this "expert":

Wolfgang Wodarg's "comments on the COVID 19 pandemic caused criticism from German scientists. Various German media examined Wodarg's claims for accuracy and concluded that his statements would largely contradict the verifiable facts, some statements were neither refutable nor verifiable, but on closer examination proved to be misleading. It would mix up facts that had nothing to do with each other." - (Sources are linked in the article)

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

We are not used to having our whole world changed for us, so I don’t think many of us took this seriously at first. When I first heard that Italy were cordoning off 2 or 3 towns it sounded really extreme. Here we are about 4 weeks later with many countries in partial lockdown

Form me at first it was adjusting to working from home, with the prospect of spending more time with my family (the dog was thrilled). But over the past two days this has become more personal. Over that period we have lost both my father in law and my mother in law to the virus. They were both elderly, and staying indoors, but were infected my the home help that visited them on a daily basis. Of course we cannot travel to be there, so potentially no closure for months

So no, this is no ordinary flu. Take it seriously everyone, look after yourselves

DI

• JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

I think your numbers may be wrong, China with a population of 3.3 billion? Is it not roughly 1.5 billion?

• Simon
    Simon
    China, with a population of 3.3 billion had deaths totaling 3,304.
    I think your numbers may be wrong

I would suggest that the number of infected and dead in China is almost certainly wrong, because they are just lying shits. The media right now seem positively gleeful to announce that US deaths have surpassed China, but that is likely unproven Chinese state propaganda and they have no business doing it (in case anyone hasn't realized by now, the media is shite). The BBC right now is promoting how "Islam helps fight Coronavirus" - they never miss an opportunity to push their BS.

They were both elderly, and staying indoors, but were infected my the home help that visited them on a daily basis. Of course we cannot travel to be there, so potentially no closure for months

Sorry for your loss. It's especially hard right now because people can't be with loved ones when they are ill. So tragic for people who lose their family in such situations.

People who visit multiple patients or work in multiple care-homes should get special and regular screening IMO, or be more limited in their normal routines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit