Any Homebrewers here? (more OT fluff)

by Bendrr 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sargon
    Sargon

brewing beer (and drinking it) has long been a hobby of mine. I put down on average 6 x 24 cases every month. Anybody who has any questions feel free to ask me.

• termite 35
    termite 35

I attempt it on a regular basis, it never works and always tastes really crap.

The last time I did it I did'nt close the tap properly, put it in the airing cupboard and 40 pints leaked through the ceiling while we were away for the weekend. Not only did I have no beer, I also had to mop it up, clean the carpet, dry out the joists and repaint the ceiling.

I grow my own hops and keep trying to make it taste better by adding them to it; but it's still only drinkable after a bottle and a half of wine.

So no tips here ( apart from make sure you have a couple of bottles of wine handy on the big day )

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi Termite,

ROLFLMAO.

Rich of the bubbling concoction class.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I am the proud and only daughter of a jw daddy who brewed about 100 gallons a year of double distilled, 90-proof vodka...for the purposes of supplying a certain unspecified federal penetentiary. He knew a guard there and conducted quite a lucrative business.

ESTEE

• Mutz
    Mutz

I have 6 Gallons of homemade apple wine sitting here waiting to be bottled. My mum thought it would be funny to pinch a bottle of the last batch and drink it when she was at a firends house one evening, they both ended up smashed, not very good for an uber-christian hey? :)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Estee. That brings back memories. Had a jw acquaintance, who lived in the rurals, with his family, so they didn't get into the KH very often. So he would make better use of his time by double distilling vodka from potatoe peelings.

Man that was fine. Smooth and fine. Did I mention it was fine ?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

xjw_b12,

Yup...damn fine...

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit