by teejay 18 Replies latest jw friends

• layla
    layla

This is a good post!

I am at point 8 too....

tks,

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I miss JanH's post here too, he is a sharp wit. I loved this list.......it is right on.

I am working on having the attitude Bikerchic has, but I know deep down I have alot of cult issues, mind control , fear to finally address and close the door on all of it. I have alot of studing to do, both for the biblical doctrine and for cult issues. I am planning on reading the Steve Hassen books and I hope that it willl have me well past number 10 on this list.

I know I will never go back , but I want it to never cross my dreams,,,,,,,as it often does. I take alot of stock in what I dream about, it always shows what is really eating at me, and I dream often I go back, but then I decide I dont want to be shunned and turn my car around. I want to dream that I never even THINK of going back,,,,,,,,, I am still a work in progress.

I am glad Layla that you are getting as far as you are too,,,,,,,,,,, together we can all make it out of this with each other's support. hugs,,,,,,,,,,Dede

• Mum
    Mum

I am happy to report that I am at the "to infinity and beyond" stage, having been free (in small steps) for 23+ years. I hardly recognize the person I used to be.

It truly is a joy2bfree.

There is life after the Watchtower, and it gets better and better as you come to value yourself and know that you were given a brain, talents and gifts to use in whatever way you see fit.

No longer a beggar at the table of the GB,

SandraC

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

I'm a 9...If it wasnt for family I would be out...

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Bikerchic,

I didn't say I would go back, but for those who want to belong to an organized religion (family effected) the JWs should be more "mainstream". I don't care what people want to believe, just don't let it affect other people harshly. imho

j2bf

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Step 10 here

• hurt
    hurt

Many of the JWs I know may never make it past 6. It's some gulf between 6 and 7. And 7 's only thinking you'll write. when a JW begins to think he'll write, then he's meat for Armageddon already.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I'm between 9 & 10. I have family and 'friends' still in and I'm scared for them. I agree with whoever said that many jws are comfortable in their own world. The attitude is 'I may be miserable but hey, we've got the truth!' I am so happy to be free of the relentless guilt & fear and I wish the same for those I love who are still in. I don't care if the GB is sincerely wrong, those few men in brooklyn have stolen too many lives and broken up families - Bring on judgment day for the GB!

• Francois
    Francois

Step 11 for many years.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit