Are You in a Position to Help JWs and Ex-JWs???

by Prisca 21 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

I think this website is a good start and my thank's go's out to everyone involved in making this happen. There is a good mix of people here that we can get support and help from. I think the more time you spend here the more you start to understand the thoughts in many different peoples minds [positive and negative], which eventually does lead to a more balanced understanding of it all as you go through the different thought processes.

I think if you were going to make a specific helpline or support group it might help people much more, I mean it would be a lot more of a personal thing but I think it would be best not to give too much advice just support and understanding because everyones experiences are different and as 'AGuest' said some people don't want to detract from a religious belief in god, especially if that's what attracted them to this type of organisation in the first place. For me I think it's best to have personal beliefs and look to make friends who are like minded rather than look to any religion or organisation.

The question is how many people would use it because the borg work on making a very high guilt trip for anyone who would even think of such a thing. There is an amount of support for anyone who has left the organisation but what of those who are still in it.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Prisca.

Kymbal Summers had a helpline in the local phone book for years.It was a country phone book. It was "Ex Jehovahs Witness and Mormon Helpline". It was in among the emergency numbers in the front og the phone book. Most of the people who called were people who were drunk or suicidal. He got quite a lot of calls but very few from dubs!! The only dubs that called spat hatred at him once they found out he was helping people exit.We tried to get the same line into the main melbourne directory but couldnt,some rule prevented us. I cant remember what it was.

By the way, I got an email a month ago from a poster on the board. This poster was engaged in discussion with a witness they knew, via email, and the active dub was commenting on some of my threads Ive been doing recently.The dub thought i was totally apostate and would fry in hell if there WAS a hell. Lol. So obvioiusly they are out there lurking, and they do read.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

I'm happy to help anyway I can, feel free to email me and I would be willing to give my ph # as well, after some initial contact. FlowerPower

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course I would be willing to help. The thing is that I am not free from family ties and am still an associate at meetings, so any contact would have to be by e mail only .

I do feel, however, that this board and other sites already do a great job in educating those who have the courage to go on line .

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."We have had 700 use this group weather it is EX jws coming & finding others that are "outed" if they need a place to "put up" for a couple of nights, I give away books cassets. video's,information,I have lately stopped it> as it became very difficult with the phone ringing all day"...

Mouthy is a sweetfaced granny apostate , in the service of Satan!!

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Hi,

I have had the privilege of leading a support group for former Jehovah's Witnesses since 1988 in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada area.

One of the first things in our group that we discuss with new ex-Witnesses is how the Watchtower and all cults place themselves between you and God. This is what makes followers believe that they must be in submission to a particular organization in order to be in right standing with God. Yet, the Biblical model is that the church is to be beside you as a servant. The healthy church model is that the church is there to teach you and encourage you in your faith with God but NEVER, EVER will they place themselves as necessary for salvation or in a position as mediator between you and God.

Once an ex-Witness can understand this concept they are better able to search for themselves and find a church family that will serve them in their search for God. Without this understanding, many ex-Witnesses replace the Watchtower with another cult group who teaches them that they are the way to God.

When Jesus said that no man can come to the Father except through him, he excluded all religions as the source of truth for only Jesus is "the way, the truth and the life". The church should be a servant not a mediator.

Our web site has many testimonies of former Jehovah's Witnesses who have found the only real mediator between God and man. http://www.jwinfoline.com On our audio page you will hear 'Mouthy' Grace Gough and her struggle to learn this vital truth. http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm Her testimony "He knocked at my door and I opened" will touch your heart.

Cheryl

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Prisca:

I have lost to much knowledge but I know Thunder could help alot,

• Prisca
    Prisca

WOW, what GREAT replies!! Thanks everyone!!

I didn't start this thread to get a list of names, but rather to get people to think how they can contribute towards assisting others. It's easy to sit here, hiding behind a computer screen, thinking how wonderful life is now for us (or maybe not), but what about someone who doesn't know about jw.com? What about the person who doesn't use the internet, and never sees anything in local newspapers or community boards that suggest that ex-jws are not alone?

I have helped relatives, friends and even complete strangers in learning the real truth about "the Truth", but am not currently in the position of being able to do so on a much wider and more public basis. But I am working on it

However, if you are in the position to do so, I would urge you to think about perhaps forming a local support group, or at least making your email addy or phone number known, so that those who are looking for help can at least call someone who understands.

Any other suggestions?

• greven
    greven

I am helping my family members right now. After that I will DA, be able to help anybody that needs help with good documentation and solid reasoning. I feel that now I know I have to spread the truth and prevent anybody from falling into their snare and racket.

Greven

• obiwan
    obiwan

I would love to be a part of that kind of help. I feel since we all know the mind control and self doubt brought on by the org, that it is our responsibility for us to help those who want or need our support. To give someone the relief from mind control and self doubt would truly be a great feeling of accomplishment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit