My real name (and a shameless self promotion)

by schnell 30 Replies latest jw friends

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I was never great at programming, but I had to do some for a few jobs I had. Good to find out about a few new things. I'm afraid to mention the languages I started with (FORTRAN was one of them). I didn't get to use punch cards, though.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Your profile picture is showing a young guy, did you have any responsibilities in the WT ORG?

• schnell
    schnell

I was never ambitious in the organization. I ran mics until I was too busy with work to keep up service time without some Enron-style accounting, and I haven't run mics in years now. I gave talks until it made me physically ill to even try from cognitive dissonance, and I haven't done that in months.

• steve2
    steve2

Ben, you refuse to be bowed by life's difficulties and hold your head high. You are an inspiration for other young ones either thinking about leaving or who have left the organization. steve2

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Bravo :) Be proud of what you have done !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "What, nobody wants to try LISP?"
    "First time hearing about LISP."

Itth not my firtht time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy - "You've got balls..."
    schnell - "You and stuckinarut have got big balls too!"

Maybe it's an XJW thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg

• dgeero
    dgeero

@schnell fellow programmer here and I live in Medford as well! My programming experience is all web related (JS, PHP, ruby). You look very familiar we probably crossed paths at an assembly or two. Like you I am also an atheist. My wife and I have been out for going on around 2 years now or so. I would love to meet up sometime I'm always on the lookout for ex jdubs to connect with in the area

• smiddy
    smiddy

Vidiot ,how are they hanging ,? maybe its just an Aussie thing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy - "Vidiot, how are they hanging?"

They're dragging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit