Support Our Troops Rally, Duluth, MN pics

by scootergirl 27 Replies latest social current

• ring
    ring

Scooter, glad you were able to attend, cool pics

Realist.......that was completely uncalled for, and should be deleted

• Angharad
    Angharad

I do agree that Realist's post was a bit inflamatory.

If one supports this war and backs it up with reasons why they support the war are they automatically to be branded as "drones", JW-like, simply because they do not agree with your point of view?

Yes it is a blanket statement and is insulting - much like a lot of the statements that have been made over the last week to the anti-war posters 'you support Sadam and dont care about rape and torture.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    Yes it is a blanket statement and is insulting - much like a lot of the statements that have been made over the last week to the anti-war posters 'you support Sadam and dont care about rape and torture.

I have not made such a statement so I don't see why that needs to be stated here. Plus two wongs don't make a right so I don't see your point. In fact, you and Simon keep repeating that one statement as whats been inflammatory from the Pro-War crowd, is that the only inflammatory statement made by the pro-war posters? And I'm not saying such a statement was right, but it was a statement that was made in response to a barrage of inflammatory statements from anti-war posters. I think that generally the pro-war posters have been well behaved.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I wasnt saying you have said that - I was making the point that blanket statements are insulting and mis-represent peoples views.

• Angharad
    Angharad

BTW: Its great that you were able to attend the rally Scooter and the pics were great.

• Realist
    Realist

of course it was a provocative statement and i stay by it.

the religious attidue of some pro war guys is just too obvious to be ignored.

randomtask,

it was removed...so what are you complaining about?

PS: scootergirl, i am sorry if i offended you!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Un Realist:

There you go again!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    PS: scootergirl, i am sorry if i offended you!

Realist.......missed your post before it was editted/removed. So.....not offended. But thank you for the apology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit