Support Our Troops Rally, Duluth, MN pics

by scootergirl 27 Replies latest social current

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Today my daughter and I went to a Support Our Troops Rally held on by Lake Superior in Duluth MN. It was THE most awe inspiring event I have been to in a long time.

Over 3000 people attended. National talk show host, Glenn Beck was flown in to speak along w/many other speakers. This whole even was organized by a 16 year old girl! She was outstanding to listen to . Gave a wonderful speech on civil rights. She made the Northland proud.

As we were walking in, a procession of bikes with came in......following the American Flag.

The speakers were fantastic. There was one that brought me to tears. A Viet Nam Vet, shot down twice and came home with numerous commendations, talked about how difficult it was to fight in Nam. But second hardest to watching people die was coming home to his home town in Iowa and have dog feces and urine thrown on him. When he got choked up and shed a tear, many (including myself) did too. His words were "we can't let our boys come home to that."

Another thing that was great to see was the families w/little children there. Teaching patriotism and the importance of supporting our troops and understanding the value of freedom. Myself included-hoping that my daughter appreciates and understands her freedom. Hoping that she understands how many people have put their lives on the line for our freedom.

Duluth is small town. I was soooooo surpised at the outpouring of support. It made me soooooooo proud to be part of it.

Tomorrow when the paper comes out, I will post the link.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

ooops........forgot to post the link to my pics!

http://www.solriders.net/rally-mn/

• dottie
    dottie

Awesome pics Scooter !!!

I may not always agree with any kind war but I think that the troops do deserve support. They have placed themselves out there for you and I feel that the least everyone can do back here is support them and wish them well.

Dottie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Scooter:

HOW COOL, love the pics.

• animal
    animal

Hosted by Sons of LIberty Riders .. http://solriders.net

Animal

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Great post Scoot !!!! Great pictures too!!!

This one is my favorite and went right to my hard drive !!!

Love ya girlie!!!!

XW

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

aaaahhhhhhhh..........xenawarrior! I made it in your harddrive?! Damn! LOL

A. snapped that pic when I was listening to a speaker. She did a good job!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Great pictures, Scootergirl. It looks like it was real good rally and apparently, no arrests needed.

I couldn't agree more with the Vietnam Veteran speaker. No veteran who has put his or her life on the line for their country should ever have to endure what we did returning.

So far, the pro-rallies that have been held here have been during time I work, so I have been unable to attend. However, I do wear this pin at work and the hell with anyone who doesn't like it. Fortunately, every single person I work with is pro-Bush and behind this action completely.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Scootergirl , thanks for this post and the pics.

Do you know how wonderful that picture of you is????????? It is awesome, you standing there proud and the American flag flying behind you,,,,,,,it is truly a picture that could be on Time magazine.It is so good it looks like a picture I would have taken,,,,,,,,LOL...... I do try to capture the moment and boy, this picture sure captured this moment in your life,,,,,,,,,great your daughter did capturing the moment of this picture. She may have a great talent in photography,,,does she take many pictures? If not she should, tell her Auntie Dede thinks she is great.

• not interested
    not interested

Hey scooter,

thanks for sharing the pics, and for supporting the troops, Maybe they should be sent the pic of you that A****** took, so they would all make sure to come home!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit