Why can't Scarlett Johansson play a transgender character?

by LoveUniHateExams 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Scarlett Johansson was cast to play a transgender role in Rub & Tug.

Recently she pulled out. I don't know whether she jumped or was pushed but trans activists, despite claiming to represent only 0.3% of the population, have quite a powerful voice.

Do they want a trans actor to play the trans role, is that it?

If Scarlett Johansson shouldn't play a trans role, does that mean a trans actor shouldn't play a cis role?

Or does the trans lobby want to have their cake and eat it?

Strange questions to ask as society starts, if not to disintegrate, then at least not to cohere.

PS - my opinion is a film director should hire the best actors for the job.

• Listener
    Listener

Her actions have generated a lot of publicity and maybe this was intentional. Personally, I still have no interest in the film.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It has been asked for decades why Brits would play Egyptians in movies.
    They are MOVIES, for heaven's sake. People should protest with their ticket dollars.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Because people today have lost their damn minds, and crazy is always louder than rational.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't see what the flap is about, gay people have been portraying straight people in movies for decades and nobody complained.

• Simon
    Simon

Gay people shouldn't be allowed to play heterosexual characters if that's the rule. Will all the actors who won oscars portraying gay characters return them? Is that how it works now?

Of course it's just the crazy left, getting crazier, eating their own. However "woke" you are, the mob will one day come for you.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

“Actors and actresses should only portray characters that reflect their real life identities, obviously. In this way they won’t really be acting, and therefore won’t be an actor or actress... but this should be the only valid career path for actors and actresses. For those individuals that identify differently we should also have the option to be a “zctor” or “zctress” in which they can act out their real life without be an actor, zctor, or zctress, enriching all of our lives with great acting.”

- Leftists

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Scarlett Johansson was cast to play a transgender role in Rub & Tug.
    Recently she pulled out.

*snicker*

• jp1692
    jp1692

So what’s next?

Actors will no longer be allowed to portray doctors, lawyers, criminals or any other roles unless the have actually been fully trained, licensed and certified as experienced professionals in that field.

Casting: “Wanna play a killer? You’re gonna have to show me the bodies!

• Simon
    Simon

The left ruins everything, even their own propaganda!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit