Stop the Electric car solar power brainwashing Lies!!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I'll also give my 2 cents regarding fully electric cars. The idea is not new of course, electric cars were the favorite for many drivers in the 1880's-1920. Quieter, no shifting, smoking or cranking to get started. Anyway fast forward to now. They are spectacular to drive. My wife's workmate let us drive the Rivian her son owned. VERY NICE, Lamborghini fast as well. Range is obviously the biggest concern people have. Myself, we have 2 vehicles, so it really isn't an issue for us if we were to use the nonelectric for the rare road trip.

Often the canard is repeated that "they" want to ban gas cars. That's silly. Everyone knows full electric cars will fit the needs of many but not all people. The present target is half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 be zero-emissions vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell electric vehicles. Note that the inclusion of plug-in hybrids and hydrogen fuel cells in that 50%. That really eliminates the concern that the target is impractical, they have been on the road for 20 years. That is easily accomplished. Saying it can't be done is like saying pictures broadcast over the air is impossible, as you watch TV.

Sure they cost more now and will for a few years. (I don't buy new cars anyway). Remember when a CD player was $500.

I've mentioned in the past that we had an old EV from 1974. That was a car that was not made for everyone. Today we would call them an NEV (neighborhood electric vehicle). The idea is still viable in many cities. But now the power and range have made them very practical for many people.

Last thought. I spent the day with Mom and she was complaining that the old tires from her car cost $5 ea to dispose of. She said if she had known they would charge her she would have just burned them. Don't be like my Mom.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    The average (and they vary a lot by region) cost per KW rooftop is about $3.

That should read cost per W (watt) not KW (kilowatt). sorry. The calculation was correct in that the average cost of a 6KW system is about $18,000 before incentives.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey Witness 007,

Yes some of the older plans paid very good dollars.

I am in Victoria on a recent plan (app 14 months ago). Panels installed Nov 2022

Have 13 panels in two strings capable to 5.6 kw no battery. (four facing east, 9 facing north).

Total installation cost $5,700.00 as I did not qualify for any Govt rebates.

Recent bill to 3rd jan 2024 total credits $148.81.

AGL solar saver plan pays 10c for the first 14 kw to grid then 4.9c for the rest averaged out for the billing period.

i.e. 1,260 kw @ 10c ($126.00) and 465.565 kw @ 4.9c ($22.81) billing period 90 days, 4th Oct 2023 to 1st Jan 2024 .

Would I be correct in assuming you are a mid to high end kw usage bracket !?

I suggest shopping around which I did.

jtg

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

$1/Watt! that's mighty low. Did you get the panels online and have an electrician friend install them?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Victoria has a 4hr/peak sun equivalent/ day just as I have.

Peak Sun Hours Canada: (List, and Maps) – Dot Watts®

All things being ideal and perfect you have a potential of 5.7KW x 4h x 30 (days)= 684KWH/month. That times the rates you provided calculates to (14KWH x .10 + 670KWH x .049) = $34.23/month.

You put them on a north facing roof which reduces potential about 30% and east which reduces potential 15%. If these numbers are correct, you at absolute best could expect a savings of about $20/month. That's not even considering snow loss or voltage management. Is maybe the credit a cumulative figure? Some companies here bank your credits monthly, others quarterly, others annually (best). My state has a ridiculous number of independent power companies (about 300) each makes it's own rules within some very basic State guidelines.

I'm editing my post because I just noticed your billing is quarterly (90 days) that makes much more sense. You also must be getting more per KWH than you think. You still stole the system at $5700!. Good for you.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Nope, supplied and installed by a well credentialed company "Solar Dynamics" based in Melbourne Vic.

A friend just had his installed in Nov 2023.

14 x 440 watt panels rated at app 6.1 kw. All facing north. (Jinko brand)

Total cost before any rebates or Federal Govt STC's etc,,,,$ 7,552.00.

STC reduction= $2052.00.

Net cost= $5,500.00 prior to Victorian Govt rebate.

Yes not that expensive here in Australia

This is my daily (handwritten) recording since 31st Dec 2023 to 25th Jan 2024.

jtg

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm in California where solar is mandatory on new homes so I had to either lease it or buy the system. It has helped cut the cost of air conditioning for me by quite a lot.

Wing Commander mentioned insulating the walls in cold areas. I'd add do this in hot areas also. The exterior of my house is insulated with foam sheets walls are fiberglass insulated and I have insulation in the roof. I think this is all required by law around here. It makes a huge difference. The temperature inside the house isn't affected near as much by the outside temperature as the last house I was in that had no wall insulation. BTW on some days it can get over 120 degrees around here in the summertime.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

LOL, I thought you were in Victoria Canada! You likely have a 30% better solar resource than we do. And facing NORTH makes more sense! The government MUST be subsidizing the industry to sell that cheap. That is the wholesale price of just the panels. Never mind the inverter, installation and balance of system (wires, fasteners, electric panel/boxes, array rails supports, etc.).

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

LOL, I started to wonder also when I realized that a Victoria is in Canada.

Wow that is expensive. With the currency conversion even higher with our dollar.

These are our summer months. During Winter some days are as low as 3kw to the grid.

I don't think they are subsidizing the industry but i suppose they may be, might have to google it ha ha.

jtg

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

From the website.

Jinko solar panel cost
    A solar energy system built with Jinko solar panels typically costs around $2.25–$2.50 per watt. That means a 6 kilowatt (kW) system will cost you between $13,500 and $15,000 before incentives.

To get the 5.7KW from 13 panels you must have the 440W Jinkos that Solar Dynamics uses. You got a deal mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit