Hospital is laying off and furloughing

by Anony Mous 14 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

So health-care systems are not over-stretched if there aren't enough patients to require staff.

hell, I'd make more in unemployment than working and the company would pay all my insurance to boot. My son is getting $651 week....for a minimum wage job!

They are paying people way too much not to do any work. People should scrape by, not be incentivized to do nothing.

This is why they should have provided support through businesses, by some form of revenue compensation as that would keep people on payrolls and the normal operation of the economy going.

But most government solutions to things is "moah government" despite it rarely making anything better.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Health care systems are indeed not overstretched, that is a fable. Only poorly run state systems (Medicare/Medicaid/VA) had temporary issues but overflows went to other hospitals.

The problem right now is regulation that keeps us not working. NYS loosened restrictions on some (necessary) surgeries and health care but the rules are so strict they might as well just stay closed.

• just fine
    just fine
    The hospitals in my area are laying off people as well due to all other surgeries/tests/procedures being cancelled, and the COVID-19 wave never materialized. I hope it doesn’t materialize now - after we lay everyone off.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

I work in our public Hospital in Australia we have Covid under control for now but all elective surgery cancelled we are opening new intensive care in May for first time in our new building. Emergency is VERY quiet as people are staying away on mass except flu symptoms. Masks are compulsory and thermal screening now on all entries. All the best on the front line stay safe.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Once Hospitals reopen many most likely will have to borrow money from banks to get themselves financially rolling again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit