Persecuted for God's Name or Social Retards?

by Sea Breeze 19 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    WingCommander38 minutes ago

Social Retard meets illiterate businessman pumping gas while talking on cellphone.

Hilarity ensues!

Who is the bigger moron?

Only Jehovah knows, and he's not telling!

what makes you say he is illiterate ?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Persecuted for Imaginary Friend = Social Retard

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Cell phone use at a gas pump will not ignite fumes. It is a myth, busted by the infamous mythbusters. Yet, the ignorant fools among us continue to perpetuate it as fact...

Anyway, yes, the persecution complex is great among all witnesses. Any resistance is pressure from satan and intolerance is persecution, regardless of the offensive or invasive tactics practiced by the jw. You obviously weren't humble enough to take a moment, excuse yourself from your phone call, listen to the important message she had to give you, and take her tract. You are unworthy. But then you had the arrogance to brush her off and shew her away. How discouraging it was for her. Undoubtedly satan trying to keep her down.

I know you stated that your phone call was urgent business, but would it be any different if you were just having a casual conversation with a friend? Interrupting a phone call for any reason, other than emergency, is just rude, in my book. What if she was tied into the meeting, via phone, while pumping gas, and you came over, dressed in a chicken suit, trying to give her coupons and tell her about the great deals for a limited time, at the local deli? I'm sure she'd think that was persecution. Satan, dressed up in a chicken suit, trying to distract her from the meetings...

but man, crispy chicken strips sound good!😋

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Did she look like a JW? Maybe she was one of those not all there people who hang around gas stations hitting people up for money. She could have found the tract and was working it into her scam.
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

What if she was tied into the meeting, via phone, while pumping gas, and you came over, dressed in a chicken suIt

LMAO. That’s hilarious!

Guess I wasn’t a sheep-like person.... I mean a chicken-like person. ;-)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I doubt that JW's are ever literally persecuted because of Jehovah's name. Nobody is bothered about the name to that extent, many other religions use it freely, some in the form of the more accurate Yahweh have it in the name of their church, nobody worries about the name.

And a brush off as in the O.P, or even a really rude slamming of a door etc is not persecution, it is a rejection of what they are and what they stand for.

The "persecution" in Russia is only because they have fallen foul of a poorly drafted law, which because of the nature of their High Control, Mind Control Org actually fits the bill under the Law of them being an Extremist Organization.

Persecution ? Where ? In other Countries where they are banned so are many other christian groups.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think because of the cart work seemingly reducing door knocking--it means joe public cares even less about dubs than before.

a couple of dubs standing next to a rack stuffed with tracts gets hardly any attention. if you take away those discussions between ex-dubs and the cart attendants--who have you got left ?

there are quite possibly more vegans than jw's now.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Breezy - The reality of course was that they were just social retards.

I don't think you can broad-brush a whole community because of the actions of someone that annoyed you.

I was on my cell phone this morning while pumping gas.

We are obviously in different countries because if you are pumping gas whilst on the phone, I suspect you have gastric problems and are ringing your doctor for assistance.

Here in the UK we have the National Health System (that is being detroyed), so perhaps they would prescribe 'windeze'.

Whats your opinion? Do JW's invite persecution through their own acts of buffoonery? How so?

Individuals, not all Jobos, obey the rules of their leaders. The Governing Body must be held accountable for their actions.

How so?

Ah, I get it, you're Japanese....or is that 'ah, so'?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - "...It reminded me how back in the Rutherford days, pushy JW's would stick their foot in the door to prevent people from dismissing them. When some ended up tarred and feathered, or just plain got their butt kicked, they were then paraded as victims suffering for Jehovah... The reality of course was that they were just social retards..."

I keep saying this but it bears repeating...

...going around poking people in the eye with a stick and then crying "persecution" when you get a beatdown for it doesn't make you a martyr.

it just makes you an asshole.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Breezy - The reality of course was that they were just social retards.
    Punky - I don't think you can broad-brush a whole community because of the actions of someone that annoyed you.

Thanks for pointing that out. But, I didn't do that. Please reread my comment.

Sticking your foot in a home owner's door that they are trying to close is socially retarded, if not an act of aggression. Not every JW did this, but the ones who did were held up as zealous, spiritual, fighting for Jehovah, etc.

This kind of thing is part of the culture of JW's. - "Remember the zeal of Jehu who tolerated no rivalry before Jehovah"

Watchtower comments from 2011:

"There, Jehu “acted slyly, for the purpose of destroying the worshipers of Baal.”​—2 Ki. 10:15-17, 19.

Jehu announced that he intended to hold “a great sacrifice” for Baal. (2 Ki. 10:18, 19) “This is a clever play on words on the part of Jehu,” says one scholar. While the term employed here “generally means ‘sacrifice,’ it is also used of the ‘slaughter’ of apostates.”

...No doubt you can see that circumstances faced by Christians today require that they manifest certain qualities possessed by Jehu. "

The message is clear: Christian believers that you meet at the doors (or gas stations) are likely apostates deserving slaughter. Threrefore acting aggressively (socio-pathically) towards them is actually a kindness compared to the slaughter they would get if it wasn't against the law.

In other words, the WT socializes and encourages their members to engage in social retardedness. The Russian government uses the term "extremist" to characterize the Organization. I like the term: "social retard".... means pretty much the same thing and varies among individual members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit