Persecuted for God's Name or Social Retards?

by Sea Breeze 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I was on my cell phone this morning while pumping gas. I was having an intense conversation trying to resolve a potential business logistics problem that could affect a lot of people. Time was of the essence.

This 60 something JW woman came up and literally shoved a tract at me. I ignored her because of the intensity of the phone conversation. Then, she just kept thrusting the tract at me trying to distract me. I was thinking, "This woman has a lot of nerve". I finally waved her off and she left.

It reminded me how back in the Rutherford days, pushy JW's would stick their foot in the door to prevent people from dismissing them. When some ended up tarred and feathered, or just plain got their butt kicked, they were then paraded as victims suffering for Jehovah.

The reality of course was that they were just social retards. What a crazy religion I was born into.

Whats your opinion? Do JW's invite persecution through their own acts of buffoonery? How so?

• fulano
    fulano

Is it not forbidden using a cell-phone at a gas station?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That was my first thought too fulano ,Sea Breeze could have ended up in heaven in a flash (or down below)

• fulano
    fulano

So the sister was trying to save him.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Persecuted for God's Name or Social Retards? - probably a bit of both, TBH.

• stillin
    stillin

Everybody uses their cell phones while they're pumping gas around here. I never heard of that law!

• zeb
    zeb

The terrible two on "Myth-Busters' did the phone /fuel thing and busted it. Its a myth.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Social Retard meets illiterate businessman pumping gas while talking on cellphone.

Hilarity ensues!

Who is the bigger moron?

Only Jehovah knows, and he's not telling!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The funny thing is that the tract was loosely folded and crumpled, like she was going to stuff it a crack somewhere; but decided at the last second to interrupt me with it. It was unrecognizable as a WT tract to most I'm sure.

If someone was to watch the scene from the security video camera, I'm sure that it would appear as if a white-haired elderly woman was trying to force me to take a piece of trash. It was a strange experience.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Sea Breeze

You were simply viewed as an easy placement for her monthly time card. She wouldn’t have to talk to you since you were on the phone and she assumed you’d just take it to get rid of her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit