Proverbs 4:18 "light gets brighter"

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We are all familiar with the classic use by the society of Proverbs 4:18 about "light getting brighter"

They say it applies to revealed truth, and doctrinal changes etc.

Have you ever just read that chapter (and even the surrounding chapters) in full??

It has NOTHING to do with doctrinal changes or teachings.

It has to do with acquiring wisdom and life skills in order to live a successful life. It compares and contrasts a wicked person vs a good person.

In fact vs 24-27 go directly against the way the society! It speaks of not being devious, or straying from the set path. It speaks of NOT inclining to the left or right! That direction to remain set in a straight path flys in the face of the continual "tacking" the society uses with regard to their doctrinal changes.

Thoughts??

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think you're onto something there stuck, it's amost like..... WT retrofits their doctrine into scripture -the bastards!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I know that this is nothing new to most of us here by the way.

But, for our newer members, and those just waking up, it is a good place to get the mind going...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah I know stuck, and you do a fine job of it. I is just messing with yah cause I know Aussies can take a bit of stirring. 😇.😉

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yer...us Aussies are not quick to take offence!. You can "take the piss" out of us anyday...hahaha

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Isn't all of thier doctrine based on taking scriptures out of context.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

if the bible says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say then =

THIS SCRIPTURE IS TALKING ABOUT THE "PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS ONE",

it doesn't say:

"In the last days of this world Jehovah will have a mouthpiece that gets a lot of things wrong."

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe another way of putting it is :

Does the Bible say what it means ?

or

Does the Bible mean what it says ?

or then again

Does the Bible mean what the interpreters say it means ?

or

Does the Bible say what the interpreters mean what it says ?

Any wonder that the Bible is likened to a musical instrument , you can play any tune on.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Study watchtower Feb 2017 "The G.B. is neither inspired nor infallible.......we can err .in Doctrinal matters -"

Looks like they got Proverbs 4:18 wrong too.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yes the path of the righteous one does becomes brighter and brighter... I have Progressively learned many new things how the organization is not scriptural!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit