1914 and 1919 immortalized in new Ezekiel book. Prepare for 2019 100th anniversary fanfare...

by Darth FayDehr 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth FayDehr
  • blondie
    blondie

Too many changes already; but most jws are dead who studied the first time or were not jws then; it was a drag then and I'm sure they "simplified" it from the previous book.

• sir82
    sir82

More goofy charts?

Well, that points to Splane as the author, or at least editor-in-chief.

Good god, what a snoozefest that book must be. All of the GB are stupid, but at least some are entertaining. Splane is a triple threat - stupid, dull and pompous.

At least they kept it down to 240 pages, not the, what? 500+ pages that the 2 mind-numbing Isaiah books had.

• careful
    careful

So instead of "type" and "anti-type" are they now saying "first fulfillment" and "second fulfillment"? It seems like the language chosen has changed but not the concept. I suppose after bashing "type" and "anti-type" some years ago, they couldn't just go back to it.

• Listener
    Listener

Not one of those faithful anointed that saw the second fulfilment in 1919 are alive today as a witness and not one of those books in testimony of the fact are in print today.

• Darth FayDehr
  • Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Concerning the new book Ezekiel and 1914,1919. Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron ends with this thought..."I have learned that no matter what is said or how it is said, it will not be able to help those who are not ready to meet up with reality."

My point is that the Ezekiel book is not reality, and the writers of it, and the Governing Body will never be able to meet up with reality.

Blueblades

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

They're focusing more on 1919 than 1914 to buy themselves an extra 5 years; pretty desperate behaviour. Come 2020 they'll just look silly once again. The time will come when they'll have no choice but to drop the teaching entirely, probably within the next 25 years.

• sir82
    sir82

The time will come when they'll have no choice but to drop the teaching entirely, probably within the next 25 years.

In 25 years all of them will be dead, with the possible exception of Sanderson (if he manages to lose some of the extra 100 pounds he is carrying). So that is "the next guys' problem". Meanwhile, there are RTO dedication ceremonies for the current GBers to attend in Bora Bora, Tuscany, and Bali.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The significance of 1919 is pretty simple.

That is the year that the WTS started doing their own printing. They bought their first printing presses that year.

"The word is god" and they were able to control "the word". The WTS owned their own means of production in 1919.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit