Regulating speech and conversation

by slimboyfat 31 Replies latest members private

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent thread, SBF.

WT regulates speech and conversation to an insane degree.

In fact, it's fair to say this regulation oppresses ordinary JWs.

And then there's the fact that WT also regulates activities, life choices, career choices, the sex lives of married couples, dress, grooming, and even the attitude of JWs.

F**k me.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

If theyre dissed and no one speaks to them how would anyone know if disfrllowd are talking together.

Look guys if you are stupid enough to fess up everything you only have yourselves to blame lol

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

73. Don't talk about only the Bible with return visits who refuse to study a WTS publication with you. I was gobsmacked when they said this back in the eighties. Before that it was perfectly acceptable to go back with just a Bible and discuss it with the householder, after all that's what they're supposed to base their beliefs on!

• zeb
    zeb

26. swear on the bible? The elders and the gb member did just that at the ARC.

• St George of England
    St George of England

When it comes to making up rules, the Pharisees were just a bunch of amateurs compared to this GB lot.

George

• freddo
    freddo

You can swear on the bible in court or similar setting.

Oh. and the latest. Para 17 of the study Watchtower most JW's will be studying today about singing.

Bullet point 3,001. Sisters might feel uncomfortable singing things that may be viewed as instructions to others even though they are singing the words on a page or screen.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well said St G.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Saint George of England:

When it comes to making up rules, the Pharisees were just a bunch of amateurs compared to this GB lot.

By their actions the GB G.O.D. declare themselves to be Pharisees. An outgrowth sect of the original line of Pharisees. Offspring of Satan.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

These rules about speech were always ones that caused Cognitive Dissonance in me I now realize.

Always struggling to use the right esoteric language, always struggling not to say risque things and certainly not to cuss and swear.

It has been such a relief to be the real me since I have left, those close to me are rather surprised by how foul-mouthed and sexually explicit a lot of my language has become, and I admit I should cut down a bit, but,....................... bugger me sideways it's fun !

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Kinda reminds me of Orwell's Newspeak ( as well as the memoryhole)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit