Rachel Corrie - An Inspiring Story

by reporter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF
    Which would have been nicely accomplished by the bulldozer backing off...

And an important fact of life gets highlighted once again: ultimately, nobody is responsible for your wellbeing except you.

Who will remember her death, and the "cause" she championed, in a year? The only inspiration to be gained from this story is that of letting our actions be guided by common sense.

• reporter
    reporter
    Who will remember her death, and the "cause" she championed, in a year?

I will remember this for the rest of my life, for one...(do I count?)

• COMF
    COMF

Of course you do!

So, let's see... that's one... I'm sure her parents and friends will remember it, too, but likely not with the same elation you feel.

• LB
    LB
    With all the claims of how they were yelling at the operator to stop, who was yelling at her to get out of the way?

That wouldn't have suited the demonstators purpose would it?

I'm sure her parents and friends will remember it, too, but likely not with the same elation you feel.

exactly COMF, exactly

• reporter
    reporter

You be the Captain of your Fate, I'll be the Captain of Mine...

• reporter
    reporter
    but likely not with the same elation you feel

What elation? Frankly, I'm pissed at the typical and predictable "war hawk" reaction to this story, and the way Rachel was the target of a post-mortem smear campaign. I've been inspired (not elated) to cover this and bring out some observations. There are now 21,900 Google references to this story. I'll only be "elated" if this could only change the attitudes and the apathy of a few people, as a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit