An analysis of the recent 153rd Gilead Graduation talk by Jesse Morris (member of the US Branch Committee and son of Anthony Morris III)

by jwleaks 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Caminante
    Caminante

Starting next year there will be one public issue of each magazine published

Not just next year. It's been like that since 2022.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Not just next year. It's been like that since 2022.

They scaled back the magazines further in 2022, it's true, but this is an even bigger reduction.

From that announcement posted by jwleaks, they are literally only going to produce ONE new WT and ONE new Awake in the whole of 2024!

There will only be six magazines in total for the whole year - with each issue doubled up to cover two months, not just one - and four of them will be reprints of past editions. They started doing that last year, reprinting the mags from 2018 (Awake on Families and WT on the Future) but removing the cover dates to extend their longevity - but this is taking that even further.

I seem to recall AMIII (who he?) saying on an AGM video a few years ago that was their plan: to scale back to just rotating through a small number of repeated core topics with the public mags. How boring, and how counterproductive on the ministry.

Return visits and supposed "interested ones" will soon spot the repetition and get sick of it. I already know many people noticed after the lockdown ended that congregations still had stocks of old 2019/2020/2021 mags that were still being offered, and they were complaining that there was nothing new. It will be a pain for all those publishers - especially pioneers - who got their time in from magazine placements, too. Noone will want to see the same old subjects for two whole months then recycled again a year or so later!

They already scaled back magazines so much that they got rid of separate magazine servants. At this rate, they might as well scrap the whole literature assignment, especially when so many congregations are struggling to appoint ministerial servants!

GB2.0 really do seem to be their own worst enemies with these crazy decisions. Talk about running your own organisation into the ground.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Oh and by the way - here's another stupid thing: they've removed the issue numbers and cover dates on the reprinted mags, presumably so they can be reused in the ministry, but someone pointed out to me the other day that they haven't removed them from all the inside pages! D'oh! These are the kind of rushed, thoughtless moves that GB2.0 seem to make all the time.

Here's an example from the JW website of the reprint of the 2018 WT on the Future:

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

It certainly is the best education in the world - if the degree you were studying for was a Bachelor of Stupidity!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I distinctly remember critical thinking also being referred to as:

"The Spirit of Independent Thinking", and you had to be careful or you'd fall victim to it as Eve did in the Garden of Eden. It's crazy, because saying it like that gave it a negative slant right from the get go. This, combined with snide remarks of, "You're to smart for your own good" or "You think too much" made JW's feel guilty for using their own brains. And of course, I didn't even learn about the praise the Boreans got until AFTER I was an adult and had already exited this dumbass cult.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    snide remarks of, "You think too much" made JW's feel guilty for using their own brains.

They tried that B.S. comment on me more than once. I mentioned it to my father and his suggested reply was to say to them, "No, I don't think TOO much. YOU don't think enough!"

So nice to not have to put up with that garbage any more.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I tell ya something else, it is absolutely WILD to me how dumbed-down this cult is now.

I'm a child of the 80's.

I remember 4 day District Conventions.

I remember 2 WatchTower's and an Awake! per month, with many, many pages to have to constantly read/study/underline. It was never-ending.

Today? 2 WatchTower's a year? An Awake! whenever they feel like putting one out? Some dumb ass videos off the website? MAYBE a toilet-paper thin pamphlet to distribute every other year in Service?

Wild to me....absolutely bonkers. And don't even get me started on the New Age-ish music videos and dumbass Caleb and Sophia cartoons. How much more stupid can they be?

At least in the 50's-early-90's the JW's came off as studious. Oh sure it was BS, but it was BS you had to think about to understand. Today's JW's are simple-minded morons. But that's what WT HQ want; people just smart enough to barely read, and dumb enough to keep dropping money into the donation boxes and "OBEY" at all costs, no matter what the Gluttonous Bozos say. Oh, and maintain their real estate holdings for free! It's so obvious it's a money-making cult now......no wonder the youth are leaving in droves!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

WingCommander

I remember 2 WatchTower's and an Awake! per month, with many, many pages to have to constantly read/study/underline. It was never-ending.

Four magazines a month, 32 pages each edition, 128 pages per month, or 1536 pages per year of life saving so-called 'spiritual food at the proper time'.

What are we down to now? 32 pages for the year, including 4 pages of covers and lots of pictures.

I guess we're on a spiritual diet nowadays, except for the governing body... they look well-fed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Anybody else remember back in the day when they said there would be an “increase” in “spiritual food” as we got closer to the End?

WTF happened? 😏

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    vid - WTF happened? 😏

Anyone would think they lied because they're a money grabbing fake religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit