Can YOU see Jehovah's hand in this matter? May 2023 Study WT

by BoogerMan 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Study Watchtower May 2023 p. 12, par. 14: “She poured out her heart to Jehovah, asking him for help. The consulting doctor took an interest in their case. This led to their receiving government assistance and an affordable place to live. Afterward, Soo Hing said: “We saw Jehovah’s hand in this matter. He truly is the ‘Hearer of prayer.’”

I can't!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It is very easy to conclude that a prayer worked, if you interpret the results to support it.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Then Jehovah helps many people, not just JWs....at a local clinic, they have a questionnaire about not only your health, what your living conditions are...are you in a safe enviroment...do you have a place to live...I asked about this questionnaire, and depending upon what you are put on that paper, they will give out information for not only health care, but housing, ebt, abuse shelters, fuel assistance, food banks, etc.

• carla
    carla

"...This led to their receiving government assistance from Satan's system and an affordable place to live"- fixed it for you, no charge.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOOGER MAN:

Again, this article looks to be about getting help for the many needy and impoverished Witnesses in the congregations. As others have said: “It’s all coming home to roost”.

These people listened to bad advice years ago when young to not get decent jobs or careers - but to be in the ministry instead. Many only had a nodding acquaintance with the workforce (part time jobs) because they were told ‘Armageddon’ would be here.. I had this same thing said to me too but thankfully I paid no attention.

Now all these people are at retirement age with no preparation and they are frantic and worried. The religion has no social programs. So, they are told to go seek help from ‘Satan’s system of things’.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

James 1:21 The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

OR WT 11:11 the form on worship that is clean and undeiled from the standpoint of our GB, it this: send out a memo to the elders so they can instruct the needy where to go for help, and to listen to obey the CDC,WHO,FDA.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''All these things are coming home to roost''.

Definitely. The Borg is it's worst enemy.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Bad Advice from The Org is not going good for the super righteous who looked down on college and good jobs for serving an Organization instead. They should go to Watchtower for help not their fellow brothers. See how that pans out!?!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I was thinking about the scripture about widows with good reputation being "put on the LIST"...does this not suggest that the early congregations had a system in place to help needy widows?

• Mum
    Mum

No, I don't see "Jehovah's hand" in any of this. I see the government's hand. I see the doctor's hand. "Satan's system" can be counted on to come through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit