My Story

by HereIgo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! So what are you up to these days? Career, school, family?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Well done Herelgo for waking up and putting reason before faith.

The only defence the cruel JW org has is to deny ex members their most basic human ties and emotional security; their own family............ Cult cult cult.

........but you're welcome here!

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Its refreshing and I have had fun interacting with you all the last couple of days. I have suppressed alot of my memories as a jw and i realized that isn't healthy. I guess I just had an epiphany that I needed support and to vent to people that understand. Whats new with me? Well I am happily married to a "worldly" woman with 2 beautiful baby girls, in school and working hard. I appreciate all of the little things in life such as sleeping in on the weekends lol and not being judged all of the time. It is hard sometimes, I miss my mother, we used to be close, havent spoke too much since 2011, but ive always been independent and strong minded. Like one of you mentioned earlier, its better to be shunned than to live a lie, my thoughts exactly.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Well I am happily married to a "worldly" woman with 2 beautiful baby girls

There is nothing better.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I miss my mother

Mothers are for others, daughters are for fathers.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Welcome my man. Hit me up anytime you are feeling discouraged and need someone to listen.

Fmf

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome, HereIgo. Have enjoyed your contributions here.

So sorry that your family shuns you. They are missing out.

Seems like you came out of the jws young and with your wits about you, and have a wonderful new family.

Every July there is an "apostafest" campout at South Lake Tahoe - all ages, families with kids. Hope you can make it someday!

Mrs. Flipper

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Flipper thanks alot! I have been reading this site for some time now before I joined and have enjoyed your posts. Tahoe is a special place for me. My mom grew up there and ive been there many times. My jw fam also camps there every july in meeks bay, that would be an awkward run in lol what part do you camp? Keep in touch!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thank you for sharing your story, Herelgo. I love to see people who were very involved and active as JWs come here and share their stories. It helps me feel good about not being good at being a JW.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

@scratchme dont feel bad...i dont think any of us were very good at being a jw and lied to ourselves to feel productive..we all make mistakes, be glad you are out now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit