My Story

by HereIgo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

My story: I am a 27 year old ex JW. Former MS and Regular Pioneer at age 19. I was very active and had many "privileges" including district assembly and circuit assembly parts etc. as an example for young people. Began having doubts that I could no longer ignore. I was too young for the 1995 generation change but what did it for me was the Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31 “Thus it appears that we can not set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.” Last meeting was Christmas day 2010. Left and never looked back. Have been discouraged as of late as my family continues to shun me, typical JW story. I hope to get to know many of you!

• zeb
    zeb

they shun you? this is their loss. Perhaps now you are no out pioneering you can seek ft employment and build a life for yourself. Welcome aboard.

• Chook
    Chook

This is a good home on this forum, mixed opinions and way less judgmental than org. Your very lucky you got out young but we all bare scares and bruises from the cult and we all compare our wounds, This site is therapy for most.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Welcome to the board young man. You will make friends here. Be aware that there are some negatives here also. Overcome it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Welcome Herelgo, glad to hear a bit of your story. Are you still a believer? (Not JW-wise, obviously.)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. It's hard to lose family, but harder to live a lie.

Lisa 🌹

• heathen
    heathen

That's what my thread is about , they once again tweaked , there are now only 2 over lapping generations of FDS , they should have stopped when they were ahead , instead they do another flip flop

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Shunned by your family at 27....such a shame...and your only crime was to decide for yourself what is and isn't the truth when it comes to interpreting the Bible. Many a parent would give anything to have such simple worries when it comes to their offspring. I'm hoping time will sort this out for you and your family will come around. Until then live your life making healthy and positive choices and use this site take advantage of what others in your situation have learned.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Welcome. Lots of support here.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Be thankful you woke up at 27. Imagine how I feel knowing TTATT at 40.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit