Sentinel Island: Rewards for Those Who Expand Their Ministry, Blessings Await You!!!!!

by moomanchu 18 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have followed the story and he definitely was not a JW. He was an evangelical Christian who had attended Oral Roberts University. It seems he was a bit of a thrill seeker too, extreme sports, etc, so I am not sure it was all entirely just for an evangelical reason.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How like an arrow through my heart was the calling of my Lord!

Lord, here am I! Send me! Send me!

No larger target could there be Lord!

Send me! Send me!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Maybe he was one of those Ba'hai-JW-Scientologists one finds at UFO conventions.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I read that it was on his THIRD visit (each one being met with arrows and wounded on the second attempt) that he was killed.

WTF was he expecting, really?

And anyway, what was he planning to bring them? They've been isolated and content in their own little community for thousands of years and then some guy wants to tell them that they're all sinners, their dead ancestors are in hell and they're not worthy unless they follow a man in the sky they've never heard of from a place they've never heard of in a language they dont understand.

Darwin award winner right there.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/christian-group-invites-ridicule-with-demand-of-murder-charges-against-sentinelese/articleshow/66776223.cms

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

https://www.instagram.com/johnachau/

Living in India can be very pleasant or sometimes very dangerous in some places. As a European, having resided myself during more than ten years in India, I know what I am talking about. Sometimes you have to be very careful to survive in the Indian Subcontinent. But what about the United States where almost everyone, even children, can now carry a firearm ? If now I had to leave Europe for some reason, I would prefer to live in India rather than in the United States.

• LoveUniHateExams
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If now I had to leave Europe for some reason, I would prefer to live in India rather than in the United States.

Hopefully you realize on some level that you can't base your view of an etire country based upon what you hear in the news. From the tone of you comment, It's a wonder any of the 325 million plus U.S. residents could even survive the perceived conception you have of the place, let alone hope to have a normal existence .

Either way, there are many or the barely survivin U.S. residents if when asked, would prefer that you would in fact go to safe, clean and trouble free Inda once you've inevetably grown disenchanted with our current residence and its countrymen.

(Then again, they might be able to use you to sheild themselves from the barrage of bullets they face on a daily basis).

• Searril
    Searril

Living in India can be very pleasant or sometimes very dangerous in some places. As a European, having resided myself during more than ten years in India, I know what I am talking about. Sometimes you have to be very careful to survive in the Indian Subcontinent. But what about the United States where almost everyone, even children, can now carry a firearm ? If now I had to leave Europe for some reason, I would prefer to live in India rather than in the United States.

Trump may love to spew BS (don't blame me, I voted against him), but his talk about "fake news" is legit. Frequently it's not that stories are completely made up, but rather than the reporting on the stories leaves out pretty significant details.

So don't believe everything you hear on the news about guns and life in the USA. For instance, would it surprise you to know that the places with the worst gun violence invariably end up being the places that have the tightest gun control? Does it surprise you to find out that "mass shootings" seem to happen in places where guns are prohibited rather than places where a high percentage of the population owns guns?

We could talk more about this stuff, but I'll just say be wary of what you hear.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Pete Zahut and Searril, thank you for your comments.

I begin to think that I will reconsider my appreciation of the level of safety in the USA, for the simple reason that in fact I may have been influenced by what I heard on the news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit