Who are your heroes in life??

by karter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Simon for this forum and maintaining it for nigh on twenty years.

And Angharad for putting up with him.

Ray Franz

Barbara Anderson

Oh, and Alexander Fleming

• flipper
    flipper

My dear mom who passed away a couple years ago. Beautiful mix of grace, intelligence, honor, respect, humor, and dignity inside her soul. I owe most everything I learned about being a decent human being from her. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sparky1
    sparky1

My maternal grandfather Ralph who died when I was just a young boy. He was the only real father figure that I had. My own father was a complete asshole. I love you Grampy and I always will.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Ray Bradbury

• Biahi
    Biahi

Angus Stewart and Barbara Anderson

• steve2
    steve2

Janet Frame, arguably one of New Zealand’s most acclaimed writers. She survived a harsh, deprived childhood and eight years in a psychiatric institution to become a powerful voice for “little” people.

No pretensions, no heavy-weighting her talent.

Her life journey offers hope to anyone who feels isolated, mad and defective: Don’t buy the labels of mainstream society. You can make something of your life no matter how bad your past.

Read “Angel at My Table” or see the movie of the same name by Jane Campion - and be stirred and inspired.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simon - For this forum!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I also have to agree about Simon/Ang especially and his team , etc for keeping this site going for so long that has helped an untold number of people over the years and continues to do so.

Kudos to all you administrators and everybody else that contributes one way or another on this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit